2K13: Nolan Arenado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Nolan Arenado

What's the deal with this guy? Prospect analysts lowered him after he had a fairly underwhelming year in 2012. Keith Law in particular even went so far as to drop him from his entire top 100 AND Arenado didn't make Law's ten honorable mention list either. Law has since stated it was due just as much to the poor make-up of Arenado as it was his physical skills.

Fast-forward to Arenado kicking ass in Spring Training and subsequently doing the same in Triple-A until he just got the call-up. And now he's doing the same in the big leagues. What do even know about or expect out of Arnado now? I paid top dollar for him a few days ago in one of my dynasty leagues, but I partially did that because it appears as if Coors is playing like it's the 1990's again (and Arenado's best skill -- hard contact -- would seem to match up super well with that park). Anyone with any thoughts on him?

Big fan. Should hit for average. I don't expect more than 18-20 HR over a full season (if that) but could surprise. I think Jeff Cirillo in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Big fan. Should hit for average. I don't expect more than 18-20 HR over a full season (if that) but could surprise. I think Jeff Cirillo in his prime.
      Sounds about right. He MAY get up to 25 or so in his peak years, but 20 is a more likely level to pay for. But he'll get counting stats in that lineup and park and have a sweet AVG/OBP.

I also heard tales of his makeup, but I've watched him play up close the many times he came out to San Jose. He does have a swagger about him, and he's maybe a little aloof-looking. But he plays hard, and he rarely makes the same mistake twice. Last season was odd because it started well, but then he really fell in a hole mis-season. That was his moment, do-or-die, crash-and-burn-or-flourish. And what did he do? He rebounded and finished strong. Law wasn't the only guy to bump him down, and I can certainly see his bump in the road as reason enough to reconsider his first-round status, but to knock him out of his top-100... that seems a little flagrant to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        I think he'll have more power than Cirillo, considering where he's hitting and the way Coors is playing (put him in a neutral park and it's a different story). Remember that he only just turned 22. I think he'll be solidly in the 20-25 range HR over a full season.

Comment

Working...
        X