A tip for OnRoto users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tip for OnRoto users

They are constantly updating their player pool, so doing your free agent bidding as close to the deadline can be important. In my league where you can only bid on major leaguers, our deadline is midnight Eastern time on Saturday night and Dee Gordon was added to the player pool around 9pm, just before the Dodgers game started.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'm a new OnRoto user as well.
    When I look up "available players," it only has NL FAs - and indeed sometimes it is a little behind.
    But when I go to make a transaction, like at 6:30 pm last night once Gordon was official, the "player pool" includes tons of minor leaguers, so I was able to add Gordon and not wait. Also, as commish I input the moves, so I don't have to worry about someone else adding an ineligible player.

I realize that weekly FAAB bidding is a lot more complicated. Maybe you can email them a query? I'd be curious to hear how cooperative they were....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As a commish of an Onroto league they have an option to constantly update players including FA, so depending on your league it may be a little different. They also have a setting to update players but not include the FA until next day, so no one misses out on a player.

Comment

The available players are only players that have been updated in the OnRoto system; the default is around 6am. They do have an option to update those players more frequently if you prefer. It's the last option under 'Line-ups and Rosters' on the commissioner's page. However, when you actually go to make the transactions, there are 2 choices - team by team or team by team w/minors. If you use the second option, all the minor league players will be there,

Comment

Working...
        X