Shields for Mujica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shields for Mujica

14 T mixed roto non keeper. Standard 5x5 14H 9P with no bench slots. The team currently in 1st place offered me Doc for Mujica but I want to counter for James Shields instead.
    Closers are at a premium as we had a mid draft closer run in which 26 closers went in a 31 pick stretch. Still I'm in decent shape (2nd in saves of 14 teams) despite losing Motte.
    I've been waffling between 5th and 9th place the last couple weeks and have 8.5 points in W, 13 in SV, 9 in K, 9 ERA and 2 WHIP. My trade partner has been in 1st basically all season and has 14 points in W, 9 in saves, 13 in K, 13 in ERA, 12 in WHIP.
    My 9P = Waino, CJ Wilson, Ogando, Vogelsong, Hammel, Detwiler, Kimbrel, Grilli, Mujica.
    His 9P = Shields, Buchholtz, Halladay, Jaime Garcia, Maholm, Tim Hudson, Villaneuva, Rodney, Jim Johnson
    I tried a couple counters to modestly upgrade my hitting to no avail and got a response that he wasn't trading any bats, so do I trade the first place guy a 3rd closer. I'm thinking STL has better arms in their pen but managers can be stubborn to replace a guy that is converting saves, regardless. With Motte out it's possible Mujica runs out the season right?

My advise is to never count on a closer not named Mariano or Papelbon to finish the season unscathed. Mujica is a nice option, but not an overpowering one, and as such, he's vulnerable to blow-ups. I wouldn't take Doc, he's too chancy right now, but if you can get Shields, go for it. If he balks, Hudson is a steady, un-sexy guy who'll just go out there every 5 days and give you a good effort.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
    X