No announcement yet.

Extend or Don't Extend - RJ Boxscore League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd extend to $6. Someone will almost always want to acquire speed, and, as Gregg said, with an extension he is a possible trade chip to the dumping teams as well as the contending teams.
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

And I think that pretty much does it...the clincher was the idea that if I needed some solid trade bait later in the year, I would have it. Then it would be the other guy's problem whether he will get PT next year. I usually lean toward not extending and taking my profits, but the more I look at it, a $6 Rajai is a pretty good deal all the way around.

Thanks, guys.

Comment

I fully intended to extend him JWRL where he'd be $9 (16 Team Mixed) for the same reasons and completely forgot to send in the extension prior to the deadline. :-/

This thread actually made be go, "Oh crap."

Anyway, I like the call to keep him at $6 in that league, Lucky.

Comment

Look what rotoworld posted:

Blue Jays manager John Farrell said Tuesday that he envisions Rajai Davis as his regular leadoff man.
          Davis has hit .333/.386/.692 with three home runs, five doubles and four walks in 39 at-bats this spring and has caught the eye of the right person in Blue Jays camp. If he is batting atop the Toronto lineup on a daily basis and also stealing bases like he did last year in Oakland, the 30-year-old speedster could be a fantasy monster.

How is that for warm fuzzies?

Comment

I would recommend that you read my article today on the Advanced Fantasy Baseball site, which directly addresses your situation, but I guess it is a little too late. Sorry for your troubles.

(Note how deftly our author seamlessly combines sympathy with shameless self-promotion.)

Comment

Both warm and fuzzy. I'm may extend him for five years, making him the first "U" contract player in league history.

Comment

Working...
              X