Is Beckett cooked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Beckett cooked?

Does he look better than his stat line (with the exception of the Arizona start, and I guess the first start of the year) or is he just done? Dodger games are played too late for me these days, so I can't watch to see how he actually pitches, I just have to rely on stats. And those stats are turrible.

I've only seen two Beckett starts this year and he looked like the Beckett I was used to seeing in Boston. His surface stats are bad but it looks like the K's are still there but he's giving up gopherballs at a 2 per 9 IP rate. Meh. That won't last I don't think. Beckett to me is a 4.25 ERA kind of guy. Less control than he used to have but he's better than this.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Velocity's fine, mostly working 93-94 and his breaking stuff's pretty sharp, he's just missing a lot of spots. I didn't get to see him pitch much before he became a Dodger so I don't know if that's typical for him.

Seems like he would benefit from losing a little weight to tighten up his mechanics. He throws like a skinny guy in a chubby guy's body.

Comment

His velocity was better last night, but has overall been below his velocity from 2011 and years before. (His velocity was well down last year.) If he can keep that velocity up going forward, I imagine he'll be fine. If he is throwing 91 like he did last year, I am not sure if that will work.

Comment

He's a real strange case. In four NL-only drafts, he went for $16, $7, $8, and $13. I was out around $5 or so.

I think he's done.

Comment

Beckett sucks....so glad I was able to pawn him off on some sucker in my NL league

Comment

I should have added that umjewman is the guy I traded him to

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                I should have added that umjewman is the guy I traded him to
                Enjoy Pedro Alvarez in a league with batting average as a category

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  Enjoy Pedro Alvarez in a league with batting average as a category
                  You just have to bench him when he goes into one of his twice a month 1-24 w/14 k's streaks.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    You just have to bench him when he goes into one of his twice a month 1-24 w/14 k's streaks.
                    It's WAY easier to just bench Beckett on a bad week, like one in which he has a start.

Comment

Yes, yes he is - http://t.co/hoBFbrB88K

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Yes, yes he is - http://t.co/hoBFbrB88K
                        Between Alvarez tearing it up, Beckett done, and Aramis and his mediocrity, you're going to make it super easy to resist trading with you ever again.

Comment

Working...
                        X