HDID: Offense Only League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID: Offense Only League

I know this sounds ridiculous but I love this league.

10 Team, Only hitters, points based, auction league, $300.

Single - 1 point
    Double - 2 points
    Triple - 3 points
    HR - 3 points
    RBI - 3 points
    Runs - 3 points
    Stolen Base - 2 points

Here is my team

C - Brian McCann - $31
    1B - Joey Votto - $30 (keeper)
    2B - Brandon Phillips - $31
    SS - Jimmy Rollins - $33
    3B - David Wright - $86
    OF - Andre Ethier - $53
    OF - Curtis Granderson - $27
    OF - Andrew McCutchen - $28
    UTIL - Corey Hart - $9

BN - Lance Berkman - $1
    BN - Ty Wiggington - $2
    BN - Magglio Ordonez - $1
    BN - Omar Infante - $1
    BN - Dexter Fowler - $1
    BN - Nick Swisher - $1

thoughts?
    Last edited by DJBeasties; 03-13-2011, 12:19 PM.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

The scoring is basically SLG plus a few miscellaneous points for steals (R and RBI are pretty well correlated with SLG and you don't have any points for walks). I guess Infante has some value because he plays multiple positions, but I don't think you need him with the significantly superior Ty Wigginton around, and I don't see Fowler being that exciting. Other than that it seems decent... Was Tulo the most expensive player?

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      The scoring is basically SLG plus a few miscellaneous points for steals (R and RBI are pretty well correlated with SLG and you don't have any points for walks). I guess Infante has some value because he plays multiple positions, but I don't think you need him with the significantly superior Ty Wigginton around, and I don't see Fowler being that exciting. Other than that it seems decent... Was Tulo the most expensive player?

- Mike
      Hi Mike,

Yeah I venture to guess my bench will be completely turned over with the exception of Swisher at some point. If Wiggy gets enough ABs early I will hang on to him but in this shallow of a league there is plenty of fat on the wire. Tulo was not the most expensive. It was actually Albert Pujols followed by Hanley. Both guys in fact went to the same owner.

Fowler I think could work out well in this league because he's gone off in stretches to put up big points particularly because he can rack up extra base hits, score runs and steal bases. The guys that don't really matter in this format are more the Ichiros, Bourns and Pierre's of the world.

We'll see how it turns out but I paid $1 for him so whatever I get is gravy.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
      X