Dillon Gee Whiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillon Gee Whiz

Shandler and Co tabbed Dillon Gee as a sleeper heading into this season. So far he looks pretty awful. Any reason not to cut bait now?

You're a Met fan, so you can answer that yourself.

Comment

I am starting him today against Miami. If he can't pitch well against them I will be benching him (very deep league). If I was in a shallower league and he doesn't pitch well today I would get rid of him.

Comment

Deep league for me... I can't believe I didn't bid on Cingrani because I had Gee as a full-time starter. YUCK.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
          You're a Met fan, so you can answer that yourself.
          Ha! You're right. But I prefer to engage in self-delusion.

Did you watch that extra-innings debacle the other night? They are just plain awful. No offense to speak of. And starting Marlon Byrd? Just embarassing. Guy bombed out of baseball last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I am starting him today against Miami. If he can't pitch well against them I will be benching him (very deep league). If I was in a shallower league and he doesn't pitch well today I would get rid of him.
            You should probably check the box scores. The game started an hour before your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Ha! You're right. But I prefer to engage in self-delusion.

Did you watch that extra-innings debacle the other night? They are just plain awful. No offense to speak of. And starting Marlon Byrd? Just embarassing. Guy bombed out of baseball last year.
              They've been awful for years and will continue to be awful for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                You should probably check the box scores. The game started an hour before your post.
                Ha, I put my roster in early this morning. He will be on the bench his next start...and maybe until he pitches a good game.

Our FAAB pool is very shallow. It is best to wait for a couple of weeks.

Comment

anyone in shallow leagues still have a chance to pick him up?

bullpen blew his lead yet again tonight, but 7 brilliant scoreless then leadoff walk in 8th (who of course was waved home by HBP, FC, FC for "earned" run).

Dillon Gee’s last 12 starts: 2.53 ERA, 61/20 K/BB in 81.2 IP, 1.09 WHIP, avging nearly 7 IP per start, too
                  Last edited by Judge Jude; 08-03-2013, 11:07 AM.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

yet another gem tonite in spite of allowing HR, single, single to his last 3 batters

that with a 3-1 lead and 2 outs in the 8th after only 3 H, 1 BB before that in his 10th W
                    peripherals stilll not buying, so pick your marketplace here....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

See that other shoe over there? It's going to drop pretty soon.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X