Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Elia rant---30 years ago---NSFW

Classic

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

I always loved this rant. This was back in the day when you would only have maybe 10,000 fans in the stands for a weekday day baseball game in Wrigley Field. You could walk-up just before the game and get a ticket in the bleachers for $5. Then the following year (1984), the Cubs win the division and go to the playoffs for the first time since 1945, and suddenly they become the hottest ticket in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
      I always loved this rant. This was back in the day when you would only have maybe 10,000 fans in the stands for a weekday day baseball game in Wrigley Field. You could walk-up just before the game and get a ticket in the bleachers for $5. Then the following year (1984), the Cubs win the division and go to the playoffs for the first time since 1945, and suddenly they become the hottest ticket in town.
      Never heard this before...Excellent!!!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
      X