Arenado called up, Nelson DFA'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arenado called up, Nelson DFA'd

must be nice to be a fan of a franchise who doesn't care about service time.....

#FreeMyers

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Nelson would be a fantastic pick up for a ton of teams. Surprised slightly at this move.
    Agreed. I hope he goes to the AL so I can FAAB him.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Nelson would be a fantastic pick up for a ton of teams. Surprised slightly at this move.
      I'm surprised as well. Maybe they figured there was no way they weren't keeping him down until June 3rd anyway, so they might as well bring him up now. Then, you'd just think he'd have broke camp with them. He had a fine spring. He tore it up in the minors. Nelson has played okay.

You're right, Nelson could be an asset for a lot of clubs, but he goes from being a PUBIC to just a PUBE, always something to keep in mind. (Parttime Utility Batter in Coors, Parttime Utility Batter Everywhere else)

The whole thing is a little puzzling, but I do have Arenado in 3/5 leagues and he can REALLY help in the NL-onlies where I am blank spots, so I'm a happy surprised today.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that either Houston or Toronto will take a shot at him...Toronto seems to claim anyone who's on the wire, and Houston could certainly use him.

He'd certainly look fine in Dodger Blue, but I'm not sure that they'll get a shot at him. unless they make a trade, and I don't know if Colorado would want to deal in the division.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          I'm surprised as well. Maybe they figured there was no way they weren't keeping him down until June 3rd anyway, so they might as well bring him up now. Then, you'd just think he'd have broke camp with them. He had a fine spring. He tore it up in the minors. Nelson has played okay.

You're right, Nelson could be an asset for a lot of clubs, but he goes from being a PUBIC to just a PUBE, always something to keep in mind. (Parttime Utility Batter in Coors, Parttime Utility Batter Everywhere else)

The whole thing is a little puzzling, but I do have Arenado in 3/5 leagues and he can REALLY help in the NL-onlies where I am blank spots, so I'm a happy surprised today.
          Nice, Dane. I imagine you worked on that PUBIC/PUBE acronym for a while...

I've got Arenado too and am upbeat about his long-term prospects. And like you, I really need someone with a bat who gets regular PT to fill dead spots. However, Walt Weiss is starting Arenado in the 8 hole (says he'll move him up if he shows something). Hopefully he's just trying to take the pressure off the kid short-term. Batting 8th makes it hard to get in a groove.

Comment

Working...
          X