Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this team good enough to win?

14 team ...mixed..5x5

I am currently about 40 points out of first. Last in wins, ERA and WHIP.

Still 5 months left in the race..Is this team strong enough to compete? Or should i look to deal for a category or two? Might be light in HR's .

I really like this team, but so many have had poor starts.

Thanks!!

C- Rosario
    1b - Freeman
    2b - Pedroia
    3b - Frazier
    SS - Segura
    OF - Trout
    OF - Craig
    OF - Rios
    OF - Victorino
    Util - Ichiro or Hafner
    Util - Kendrick
    Bench - Cody Ross
    DL - Viciedo

SP - Hamels, Medlen, Gallardo, Happ, Gio, Villenueva, Peavy
    RP - Rivera, Street, Frieri
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

You've got several guys who've been hurt or simply gotten off to bad starts, nothing to worry about there. Craig, Trout, Victorino, Hamels, Medlin, and Gio will all come around and perform like the players that you drafted. Ichiro might be on that downslide, maybe you can deal him for more power, and that's about the only thing that I see as a glaring weakness about your team. I'd say to stay the course and give it another month before you consider anything drastic.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      You've got several guys who've been hurt or simply gotten off to bad starts, nothing to worry about there. Craig, Trout, Victorino, Hamels, Medlin, and Gio will all come around and perform like the players that you drafted. Ichiro might be on that downslide, maybe you can deal him for more power, and that's about the only thing that I see as a glaring weakness about your team. I'd say to stay the course and give it another month before you consider anything drastic.
      Thanks Horns. I get impatient. It's tough having a team you think is strong enough, but they just aren't performing yet.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I ALWAYS wait until May 15.

That's a decent sample size.

I realize if you're in a "rebuild immediately" league, it's tougher to wait, but in typical leagues, wait this out.

Im in 9th with a nice roster (below), and some injuries, but I'm not leaning either way, after preseason projections of 1st. Not many roles/playing times have changed at all.

Stay the course for a bit, especially if your league doesn't force your hand..
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I can't see you finishing any higher than 2nd.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Seriously though, i think you may have to deal Gio or Hamels for a top power hitter like Wright or AGonz. I don't think your other SP's will bring as much of a return even though they are still good pitchers.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Stand pat for another month.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Seriously though, i think you may have to deal Gio or Hamels for a top power hitter like Wright or AGonz. I don't think your other SP's will bring as much of a return even though they are still good pitchers.
                I have little faith in AGonz but Wright is intriguing. If I'm dealing Hamels i better get back more than one of those two.

Comment

Working...
                X