PONY League - Griswolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY League - Griswolds

As mentioned before, it's a 17 team league (5x5 mixed) made up of alot of the Junkies.

Here's my team after the draft (keepers in bold):

C - Brayan Pena - $1
    C - Robinson Chirinos - $1
    1B - Miguel Cabrera - $43
    3B -Jose Bautista - $1
    CI - Kevin Youkilis - $43
    2B - Gordon Beckham - $15
    SS - Alex Gonzalez - $6
    MI - Ty Wigginton - $3
    OF - Carl Crawford - $35
    OF - Raul Ibanez - $18
    OF - Julio Borbon - $14
    OF - Seth Smith - $5
    OF - Matt Joyce - $2
    DH - Carlos Gomez - $1

P - Ubaldo Jiminez - $27
    P - Jorge De La Rosa - $6
    P - Brett Myers - $6
    P - Phil Hughes - $6
    P - Tim Stauffer - $1
    P - Derek Holland - $2
    P - Kelsey Jansen - $3
    P - Chris Sale - $5
    P - John Axford - $5

Overall, I like my team except for two things...I'm a little short on SB's and "guaranteed saves".

I appreciate any thoughts the Junkies have.....thanks in advance.
    Last edited by griswold; 03-14-2011, 11:37 AM.

Big Likes: Holland for 2, Beckham for 15, Pena for 1
    Likes: Wiggy for 3, MCab for 43, Borbon for 14 (high risk, high upside)
    Don't Like: Youk at 43 (unless this is an OBP league, then his value is more) Jansen for 3 (IMO, you could get a better end game P)

Nice power core, nice Ks, decent ERA, risk for WHIP and saves. If Borbon tanks, you'll be in big trouble in SBs. Solid in BA and runs.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks Chancellor! I appreciate the input.

I'll work on getting some saves and SB's.

Comment

I do not know how many you can keep, but I would defintely keep Holland.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I do not know how many you can keep, but I would defintely keep Holland.
          Gregg, I love you, man...but you shouldn't post in your sleep.

This was my team rosters AFTER our auction with the keepers highlighted in bold.

I was asking what people thought of my team....not who to keep. LOL

Am I going to get this senile when I get to be your age?

Comment

After the auction I really liked your team, but now I'm not so sure. Youk was very expensive. I don't really like Ibanez. Chirinos is well below replacement level.

But I do love Beckham, Joyce, Smith, and even Borbon at those prices. I'll be asking you about Becks all year

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              After the auction I really liked your team, but now I'm not so sure. Youk was very expensive. I don't really like Ibanez. Chirinos is well below replacement level.

But I do love Beckham, Joyce, Smith, and even Borbon at those prices. I'll be asking you about Becks all year
              Thanks JC! I always respect your opinion.

Youk was having a career year last year before he got hurt and when guys like Fielder and Tex are going for $40 and they don't have the BA to go with their power, I think Youk at $43 was high, but not out of line....plus if you throw in that I got Miggy for $43, I think the two will do well....at least, that's what I'm planning on.

Chirinos was a reach....I probably should have drafted a more guaranteed playing time catcher and grab Chirinos in the reserve draft, but I like his future.

I thought Ibanez for the price was a deal....he's not great, but for $18....I was happy.

Yeah, I love Becks this year as well and was shocked to get him for $15....I thought he'd go to $20.

P.S. - Any more thought on my trade offer?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                Gregg, I love you, man...but you shouldn't post in your sleep.

This was my team rosters AFTER our auction with the keepers highlighted in bold.

I was asking what people thought of my team....not who to keep. LOL

Duh... not sure how I missed that.

Who has their auctions this early?

Well anyway, I really like your team. Especially Holland at $2! Actually I like your pitching staff for this year and the future. Jansen at $3 is going to make you some money now and going forward.

Your OF is your weak link. Love Crawford. I do not mind Ibanez at $18. It is the Smith, Bourbon, and Joyce combo that is at question. I like each one and wouldn't mind having one on my team. Still not bad, you will just need Smith and Joyce to come out hot.

Comment

You should be so luck................wait........what were we talking about again? ...............who are you? Oh yeah, I would find a way to keep Holland at $2.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Duh... not sure how I missed that.

Who has their auctions this early?

Well anyway, I really like your team. Especially Holland at $2! Actually I like your pitching staff for this year and the future. Jansen at $3 is going to make you some money now and going forward.

Your OF is your weak link. Love Crawford. I do not mind Ibanez at $18. It is the Smith, Bourbon, and Joyce combo that is at question. I like each one and wouldn't mind having one on my team. Still not bad, you will just need Smith and Joyce to come out hot.
                    Yeah, the auction was a tad earlier this year than normal...scheduling 17 guys from across 4 states is tough.

Thanks for the input.

I laughed at your original post....

Comment

I made a trade with JC to get Carlos Gomez for Luke Scott to help with the SB's.

I updated my roster above.

Comment

I made a trade with JC to get Carlos Gomez for Luke Scott to help with the SB's.

I updated my roster above.
                        COLLUSION!! COLLUSION!!

I veto. I do not like any trade that I am not involved with! ........oh wait I am not in your league.

Then good for both of you! Seems like it should work out for each of you.

Comment

Did Carlos Gomez really go for a buck?
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Did Carlos Gomez really go for a buck?
                            Yeah, he was an end-game toss, after my Cody Ross and Matt Joyce nominations got bid over a dollar, I got GoGo and Fukudome as my two $1 guys

Comment

I like this team. I love the hitting and the pitching has lots of upside (bit risky for a staff as a group but high on potential). I think Youkalis and M-Cab for $86 is great to go with Crawford and Batista. Aside from catchers you should get good production for the prices you paid.

Comment

Working...
                              X