Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrus for Hardy + minor leaguer

10-team AL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

Just got offered JJ Hardy and either Mike Zunino or Miguel Sano for Elvis Andrus.

We only start one catcher so someone like Zunino wouldn't be quite as valuable. My team could have plenty of SBs even without Andrus if Trout starts running like he did last year and Bonifacio gets his starting gig back (other SB sources are Austin Jackson, Aybar, and maybe 10 from David Murphy). My power production is actually more of a concern so Hardy would help in that regard. My minor leaguers (Zimmer, Cowart, and Betances) are pretty weak so I could use a good youngster, but minor leaguers are $5 so sometimes players don't even contribute until their done with their initial contract (3 years once they're called up).

Should I jump at this opportunity or stick with Elvis and go for the money this year?

I'd do it for Hardy and Sano in your circumstances.

Comment

are salaries on Andrus or Hardy relevant?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        are salaries on Andrus or Hardy relevant?
        Not really, they were both bought at the auction this year so there's no discount for next year or anything.

Comment

Are you forced to trade ss for ss or do you have any position flexibility? I think sano will be solid but obviously not this year. I also think Andrus will get going when the weather warms up ... and i could see improved power from him this year, maybe 10 hrs, so i wouldn't be in too much of a rush.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

With Aybar coming back tomorrow I'll have 3 SS's (Andrus, Aybar, and Drew) so I don't need to get one back. Then again, he already has 2 SS's (Hardy and Lowrie) so he might not want to have 3 himself.

Comment

If you can get Sano, do it...he's going to be the real deal. He's absolutely destroying high A ball right now, and Gardenhire said the other day that he would hit in the majors anytime he's promoted.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
              X