Will Myers or Todd Frazier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Myers or Todd Frazier.

I have Longoria at 3B already, but am always wary of his injury history. I have Hosmer and Ike at 1B. Myers is on my farm. I have been offered Todd Frazier(qualifies at first) for Myers. I know Myers is the guy long term, but the question is I think I can win this year and Frazier is probably the better bet for this year.
    Is it worth it to give up Myers?

Yeah, I like Myers longterm, but Frazier is no slouch and is nearly a fully-realized star, something Myers may never attain. I'd probably do the deal and not worry at all.

Comment

I love Myers' upside, but I think if you're in a position to win this season Frazier is a good return for him.

Have you made your league known he was available or was this just a blind offer? If you're open to dealing him I'd float him out the publicly and see if you can get an option that you like better than Frazier, but if you truly think Frazier is the piece that wins you the league I think you do it.

Prospects are hit and miss, flags fly forever.

Comment

In a vacuum, Myers is way more talented. But consider the park factors. Is Myers going .290-30 next year? At the Trop? I doubt it. Pull the trigger, get the help now. Neither is that far from .270-25HR at the end of the day, maybe Myers is on one side of it and Frazier the other, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Prospects are hit and miss, flags fly forever.
          As Frazier is a perfect example. There is a fair possibility that we could be standing at the rising curve of Frazier's peak years that will end 5 or 6 years from now. There is also a fair possibility that Myers amounts to nothing until he's post-hype, like... Frazier.

If you can win, give up the prospects with no remorse. I'm in the hunt in RJEL and I have Profar. I'll be really surprised if he's still on my roster when the salary cap goes up. I like the kid, but if you can win, you gotta take a shot.

Comment

I pulled the trigger. thanks for the help.

Comment

I like Frazier a lot. I tried to get him from The Dane but to no avail. Wish he was less smart about it but what can you do? I would always take a MLB-established player of quality. Frazier doesn't have a grrrrrreat plate approach but it's decent enough and we've seen some small gains in '13 overall. Nice lineup, nice park, good hitter.

Myers is a huge upside guy but unrealized and so who knows? Assuming Ike, Longo and Hos all stay healthy, can you slot Frazier into UTIL? Who would he replace?

Are you really just Hammer posting under another name? My guess is no...
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Frazier is not much more than a replacement level player in a mixed league. His upside is not super high and he's probably already realized it. It doesn't matter what Myers' stats will be. It's his perceived value that's important when trading him and the perception (which I agree with) is that he's an elite prospect and worthy of multiple Fraziers. That said, since you've already done the deal I hope it works out nicely for you.
                Okay, I don't do many mixed leagues, so my frame of reference isn't great. I think 25 HRs, .330 OBA, 7 SBs (he did a lot more stealing in the minors), with the Runs and RBIs that come with hitting in a top offense is a reasonable outlook for him, not too extreme or anything. (Ignoring that fact that this is his age-27 year and if he is going to have a spike at his peak it's likely laying right before us in the season or two.) How many 3B are better than that? Are those stats out of a 3B really just replacement level?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Frazier is not much more than a replacement level player in a mixed league. His upside is not super high and he's probably already realized it. It doesn't matter what Myers' stats will be. It's his perceived value that's important when trading him and the perception (which I agree with) is that he's an elite prospect and worthy of multiple Fraziers. That said, since you've already done the deal I hope it works out nicely for you.
                  Frazier just above replacement level in a mixed league? Sorry, but I disagree. In 616 big league ABs, he's had 31 HR and 100 RBI with a .261 BA and 72 XBHs. He's giving all the appearances of being good for 25-30 HR and 100 RBI this year (if not more...on pace for 42-126 right now). I guess I have a tough time seeing how his production is just above replacement level.

Comment

Working...
                  X