Gallardo for who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallardo for who?

For some reason, owner dropped Gallardo in 12 team 5x5 mixed league and I have waiver claim on him. Current roster is Verlander, Ogando, Medlen, Detweiler, Pettitte, Cobb & Quintanna with Soriano and Balfour as relievers. We must have two relievers so both Medlen and Ogando can swing to RP. Knowing it is early, who should be dropped? Currently low in saves and last in K, with upper half for ERA, WHIP and wins. Guys like Colon, Corbin, Westbrook, McAlister, Griffin & Hansen are on the free agent list for this league.

I'm thinking of dropping Balfour to pick up Gallardo as this can help in wins and K more than two points that could be lost in saves. Thoughts or other options??
    Thanks

Originally posted by braveshots View Post
    Guys like Colon, Corbin, Westbrook, McAlister, Griffin & Hansen are on the free agent list for this league.
    Cause.

Originally posted by braveshots View Post
    For some reason, owner dropped Gallardo in 12 team 5x5 mixed league
    Effect.

A 4.97 ERA with 1.66 WHIP will get you dropped in a shallow league.

Gallardo has looked pretty terrible so far. So bad that I almost feel like something is not quite right with him.

To me, you're always playing with fire with Gallardo and in a deeper league I'd take a chance on him, but given your rosters and the options available to you to pick up for spot starts I don't see the upside in dropping any of your current options for him in such a shallow league. You have servicable guys you could pick up for spot starts on the free agent list.

In a league this shallow, I'd keep that #1 Waiver Claim in hopes that someone panics on a safer bet rather than potentially take a hit in your ERA & WHIP for what would be a slight gain best case scenario.

Comment

Yeah, I might save the waiver spot (assuming they don't reset weekly or something) but once he clears waivers, I would pick him as an FA and drop Quintana. No reason to have <2 closers in a 12-team mixer.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Early season struggles aside (there is something like 86% of the season to go, let's not forget), I'd rather have Gallardo than Pettitte, Quintana, and probably Detwiler. I'd claim Gallardo and drop Quintana.
        Agreed, except the obvious answer to this question in the thread title is: "the first baseman."

Comment

I guess it depends on high you were on Gallardo coming into the season as well. I wouldn't have touched him this year at the price it would to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Early season struggles aside (there is something like 86% of the season to go, let's not forget), I'd rather have Gallardo than Pettitte, Quintana, and probably Detwiler. I'd claim Gallardo and drop Quintana.
            I agree with this all the way.

Comment

Working...
            X