Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairly insignificant NL-Only add/drop decision

12-team NL-Only 5x5 (OBP) keeper

Jordan Schafer's on waivers right now and I'm intrigued by his post-hype sleeper status and steals potential. Would I regret dropping any of these guys for him?

Jose Tabata - got him for a buck in hopes that he could get back on track which of course he hasn't so far; will he ever regain his mojo?
    Scott Hairston - was hoping for some cheap power with my $2 investment but he's been pretty bad so far in his platoon role; power binge looming? increased playing time if Soriano or Dejesus is traded?
    Xavier Paul - picked him up when Ludwick went down; doing way better than Heisey right now and is already cutting into his playing time

Thanks!

I just don't see how Schafer gets regular PT with that outfield, even if he's sorta playing now with Heyward out.

Tabata isn't playing much right now because Snider has been hot. If Snider cools off, Jose could play more.

Hairston should mash lefties but you never want him facing a righty. Last year could have been flukey. I think if I had to cut someone it would be him.

Paul has the lowest ceiling of the four but if you need guaranteed PT he might be a better bet than Hairston or Schafer.

Comment

I'm pretty much in agreement with JC on this. I'd probably rank them...

Tabata
      Schafer
      Paul
      Hairston

But it's kind of a toss-up.

Comment

If looking for steals, he should be in the teens even with limited PT

Comment

I have Hairston and Paul starting for my NL squad. Yuck. But I generally agree you probably drop Hairston unless you're desperate for HRs. That said, I just am not big on Schafer at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            I have Hairston and Paul starting for my NL squad. Yuck. But I generally agree you probably drop Hairston unless you're desperate for HRs. That said, I just am not big on Schafer at all.
            Yeah, one of my NL-only outfields is Braun, Paul, Khris Davis, Moore, and Niewenhuis with Hart, Ludwick and Morrison on the DL. I'd take Hairston or Schafer in a heartbeat in that league and I'm a fan of neither player.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              Yeah, one of my NL-only outfields is Braun, Paul, Khris Davis, Moore, and Niewenhuis with Hart, Ludwick and Morrison on the DL. I'd take Hairston or Schafer in a heartbeat in that league and I'm a fan of neither player.
              I hear you. I like Tyler Moore a lot. Am hoping he will see more PT but am not expecting that to happen soon. When he plays a full game he puts up strong numbers. Seems less valuable as a pinch-hitter type.

Comment

Working...
              X