Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Oswaldo Arcia

Here is RHD's preseason writeup:
    23 Oswaldo Arcia - He's always mashed at every level and he's been young for every level. He is showing that he can hit for both power and average. BA says he has a good arm profiles as a RFer. Word is he may be in MLB by mid-season. No one blocking him in Minny, for sure.

And Fangraphs:
    Yet another talented outfielder in the Twins system, Arcia is a different beast than Byron Buxton and Aaron Hicks. His game is built around his left-handed power and he slugged more than 60 extra base hits in 2012, split between high-A and double-A. His improvements against breaking balls, ability to hang in against tough southpaws and good bat speeds all help him hit for average too.

Arcia is a solid player in right field with a strong arm and average, or slightly better, range. After a solid showing in the Venezuelan Winter League, the 21-year-old hitter could jump up to triple-A after just 69 games at the double-A level. He has the ceiling of a No. 3 hitter in the big leagues with the ability to hit for average while slugging 20+ home runs. Arcia could be ready for the majors in the second half of the 2013 season.

Now up with the big club, for the second time already. At a guess, the next time he sees AAA it will be an rehab deployment. Does anyone want to argue with the ZIPS projections?

2013: 107 G, 444 PA, .254/.305/.413, 11 HR, 3 SB

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

One question is, when Mastroianni comes back will they keep Arcia up as a bench player, platoon him with Hicks, or send him back down to get more ABs and PT?

Comment

I gotta think they get Arcia as many Abs as possible. Maybe that means he ends up sticking as a starter, if he starts off hot. I think that could end up happening. In fact, I'd bet on that outcome. If not, I'd expect them to send him back down rather than sit on the bench.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-17-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        One question is, when Mastroianni comes back will they keep Arcia up as a bench player, platoon him with Hicks, or send him back down to get more ABs and PT?
        Arcia will NOT be a bench player, he's going to get regular AB's, either up in the bigs or back in AAA ball. He's not a CFer, even though they may try him there, he's going to be the replacement for Willingham when they deal him at the deadline.

He's one of those guys who's bat has that special sound when he hits the ball...I think that he's going to be a good one.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Everything I have seen says he is not CF grade, but with enough arm for RF. See RHD's quote above.

The Indians are rebuilding, so Arcia and Hicks could both get PT in Cleveland. This is assuming the "veteran depth" is vertical. If they are on DL, well...

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Everything I have seen says he is not CF grade, but with enough arm for RF. See RHD's quote above.

The Indians are rebuilding, so Arcia and Hicks could both get PT in Cleveland. This is assuming the "veteran depth" is vertical. If they are on DL, well...

J
            Tribe fans are pumped to hear of their new prospects!
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Yeah no way Arcia gets anything but full ABs whether its at MLB or AAA. Interested to see how handles the bigs. He looks like he could be a good one thats fun to root for.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

everything i have seen says he is not cf grade, but with enough arm for rf. See rhd's quote above.

The indians are rebuilding, so arcia and hicks could both get pt in cleveland. This is assuming the "veteran depth" is vertical. If they are on dl, well...

J
                smh...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  smh...
                  Which is worse, the rest of Cleveland OF or Atlanta's SS after Simmons?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Which is worse, the rest of Cleveland OF or Atlanta's SS after Simmons?

J
                    Arcia and Hicks play for Minnesota Jay, not Cleveland. Still shaking head....

-Warren Ellis

Comment

60 ABs in and he's hitting .300-6-2-9-0. Not a bad start for the Cleveland...er...Minny rookie.

Comment

Oswaldo is back up and has been mashing in AAA of late: "slugging .594 with 10 home runs in just 38 games for Rochester" according to the CBS blurb. Will they have him play CF with Hicks getting demoted again? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                          Oswaldo is back up and has been mashing in AAA of late: "slugging .594 with 10 home runs in just 38 games for Rochester" according to the CBS blurb. Will they have him play CF with Hicks getting demoted again? Hmmm...
                          MLBDepthCharts has Clete Thomas in CF and Arcia in LF.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                          X