Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades?

Have you been active in trades yet?

I am in two leagues with the majority of players being in both. There has only been one trade so far this year. It seems to be the least in the last 4 or 5 years.

I think part of it is that we have stopped allowing reserve round draft picks to be traded. We have put in a rule to not allow rookie status guys to be traded until after the All Star Game. These two moves were meant to slow down dump deals. I think they are having an impact on early non dump trades.

The depth of our league has also made trading a bit of an issue for early trading. There are needs but few exceses on each team.

There has only been on 2 trades in my 3 leagues so far this year and one of those involved me just before opening day. (I gave up Bautista, Scutaro and Byron Buxton for Justin Upton and Erick Aybar)

I've been trying in a league that I'm helping out in for onejayhawk as the team is in desperate need of rebuilding and I figured I'd get started early. No takers thus far.

There also seems to be a lot more injuries early this season than before so it could also be that people just don't have the depth to make deals.

Comment

15 trades in my 9 team keeper league.

Comment

We can trade FAAB money in our league, and so far the only two trades have been a scrub for a small amount of FAAB money.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I traded Choo and Longoria on Saturday for Machado and Braun. I am near 1st so far (bouncing between 1st and 2nd).

By Tuesday Choo and Longoria were moved for Kinsler and Heyward.

Guy doing the 2 trades is also getting drafts picks for next year. Not a bad haul for him.

This actually makes our league more active as our trades usually take a while to develop.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I'm in a Dynasty league for the first time, and I made numerous trades once I joined in the offseason, but there has been no activity so far in season. I do not know if this is typical of a dynasty league or not?

In my other leagues I think the rash of injuries right now is slowing things down for sure.
            Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Our keeper system and ownership makeup is such that we do far more trades in that league (12T mixed roto keep) than my other keeper leagues combined. Even there I think we are down a little this year from past seasons. So far this year (1 Jan) we've had 106 players change teams at least once, many of them more than once, Shelby Miller currently leads the list at 4 deals to date. As to the dynasty question, 'only' 75 of those players have changed owners since our mid March draft, (18 trades) and we typically see more deals during the season than in the off season. Things ramp up around deadlines. I really think we do too much trading, but to be honest some guys are in this league for that specific flavor of juice. I'm typically in the lower 1/4 as for total deals done (averaging around 6-8 trades a calendar year) but winners have come from the active traders as well as those us who trade less often. I have 4 title in 14 years for instance and the guy who historically trades the most (40+/yr) is tied with me for the cumulative title lead.

Comment

Working...
              X