Things that don't suck in fantasy baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juiced View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this. Just became a fan of Tony Gwynn Jr. - here is how you deal with a heckler . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAixa...ature=youtu.be
    Actually laughed out loud.

Comment

Wasn't sure where to post this. Just became a fan of Tony Gwynn Jr. - here is how you deal with a heckler . . .

Outstanding! Now I'm surely going to draft him when it'd be ill advised to do so.

Comment

Classic!

I am not sure where to post it either, but I am glad you posted it.

I am thinking you should start it's own thread. This is great.

Comment

It's only a silly head-to-head league with friends, but it was still satisfying to pick up a point on the last day of the week by having Greg Holland save both ends of a doubleheader by striking out the side both times.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

the fact that games get played almost every day...
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Having lots of injuries, including my SS (Reyes) and middle infielder/backup SS (Aybar), but then being able to read Hornsby's posts about his team. Now I don't feel so bad.

Comment

Owning a $1 Everth Cabrera in a 12 team NL only.

Comment

trying to sit brandon belt in a daily league because he's slated to not start, but not being able to because it's too late. then having him go 2/2 with a HR and 2 RBI as a late inning replacement.

(on the flip side, i own d. hernandez )
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                    Having lots of injuries, including my SS (Reyes) and middle infielder/backup SS (Aybar), but then being able to read Hornsby's posts about his team. Now I don't feel so bad.
                    Happy that I can bring a little ray of sunshine into someone's day...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Pulling your 5 day old trade offer that was totally ignored just before the guy you were trying to get goes on the DL. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

When you trade for Ryu Hyun-Jin 10 minutes before roster set deadline and have buyers remorse until he rewards you with a win and 12k's.

You got to give to get.

Comment

Jean Segura...
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Jumping 11 points in one day to get to 0.5 within the leader. Despite the offense not doing anything special. (I have Masterson.)
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The CBS "Around the League: Week 6 Recap" email I just got. Pretty awesome summary of what happened in our fantasy league this week. Not sure if this is something new, or just randomly showed up, but I hope it continues.

Comment

Things that don't suck? Hmmm...not making BJ Upton one of my keepers this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X