Replacing Cueto (NL-Only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Cueto (NL-Only)

Another one bites the dust in my NL-Only league, need to pick up a replacement. I'd prefer it to be a SP since I only have 4 left (Kershaw, Niese, Chacin, and Zito) but not at the expense of my ERA and WHIP. It would be nice if it was a sleeper save candidate as well since Soriano's my only closer now that Marmol has been demoted.

Worthwhile candidates:
    Jorge de la Rosa (like him to bounce back this year, but his short-term schedule isn't too enticing - home against the D-Backs, home against the Braves)
    Anthony Bass (could join the rotation at some point)
    Hector Rondon (sleeper saves candidate?)
    Tyson Ross (nice home ballpark, can he figure out his control issues?)
    Dale Thayer (sleeper saves candidate?)
    Antonio Bastardo (solid ratios)
    Jon Rauch (sleeper saves candidate?)
    Jordan Walden (solid ratios)
    Fernando Salas (sleeper saves candidate if he can get straightened out?)
    Jeremy Affeldt (occasional save when Romo's out and lefties are coming up?)
    Ryan Webb (sleeper saves candidate?)
    Jason Marquis (not sexy at all, but ERA will stay down pitching in SD)

Thanks!

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    I'd prefer it to be a SP ... It would be nice if it was a sleeper save candidate as well
    Not too many of those kicking around. I think you mean you need an SP OR a sleeper saves candidate.

RP will hurt your ratios less. I'd go with Affeldt. Romo is up to 7 saves and eventually they are going to want to rest him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

It is hard not to like Rondon's numbers. Helps in era, whip and k's.

It is hard to like Rondon as he pitches for the Cubs.

Comment

If De la Rosa won't be available in 2 weeks and you might want him for the long haul, he's the pick of the SP crop.

Bass and Rauch worth a look too
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Not too many of those kicking around. I think you mean you need an SP OR a sleeper saves candidate.

RP will hurt your ratios less. I'd go with Affeldt. Romo is up to 7 saves and eventually they are going to want to rest him.
          affeldt will vulture you some wins as well, although castilla right now is next in line for saves
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Ross is intriguing -- I'd keep your eye on him. He has great stuff. If Balsey can help him with his control, watch out. A lot of upside.

Comment

Working...
            X