Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrelton or Rutledge the rest of the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, to second what cavebird has been saying...I don't think Simmons is under any pressure whatsoever. I watched every spring training game, listened to every post game show radio call in show that I could and read countless forums and twitter accounts for Braves coverage and there hasn't been any indication that the Braves have considered doing anything with Simmons other than letting him play everyday.

Fredi Gonzalez has even mentioned that him being moved down in the line up is more about getting BJ going than Simmons.

So, if you are to saying that Rutledge has negative pressure on him and Simmons simply has no pressure in regards to losing his job, I'd agree. Otherwise, I think their pressure to lose the job would be non-existent on both sides.

I'm not entirely sure why we'd expect Simmons to have an OBP as low as .300 considering he's never posted less than .335 at any level in his career and that was in the big leagues during his rookie year after playing on 44 games above A ball.

Comment

Rutledge now has 12 runs and 4 steals in 13 games, and he's still only hitting .220.

Comment

Working...
      X