Who to cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to cut?

This seasons MASH unit requires a cut to make room for a WW player, since all teh DL slots are occupied.

16 team mixed H2H.
    The farm consists of

Christian Yelich
    George Springer
    Oswaldo Arcia
    Byron Buxton
    Roman Quinn
    Delino DeShields Jr

Also possible are
    Andrelton Simmons
    Jake Westbrook

The farm is cheap to keep. Rostered players are much more expensive.

Late adjustment. It is also possible to plug Arcia in, since he is expected up this week, likely tomorrow.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-14-2013, 11:56 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    This seasons MASH unit requires a cut to make room for a WW player, since all teh DL slots are occupied.

16 team mixed H2H.
    The farm consists of

Christian Yelich
    George Springer
    Oswaldo Arcia
    Byron Buxton
    Roman Quinn
    Delino DeShields Jr

Also possible are
    Andrelton Simmons
    Jake Westbrook

The farm is cheap to keep. Rostered players are much more expensive.

J
    Westbrook for me, he's pretty fungible. Next would be Simmons...I just don't see what the hype is all about.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Westbrook for me as well.

Comment

Westbrook for me makes three.

Comment

Simmons is the second coming of Elvis Andrus. It is not the stats. Its the playing time.

I am leery of dropping Westbrook, because that would force Halladay into the lineup. That being said, Doc was better last time out.

The best OF available is Duda, so I think I will tough out a week with Arcia in the lineup. Leonys Martin is on WW, but not available til next week. If Halladay pitches well in his next start, Westbrook will go for Martin, assuming he clears waivers.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I believe Westbrook has a good schedule this week. I'd keep him one more week

Comment

I would not hesitate to grab Duda at the expense of one of your farm players. I think you will see a career year out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I would not hesitate to grab Duda at the expense of one of your farm players. I think you will see a career year out of him.
                Seriously? Duda over Martin, who should not be on WW?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Seriously? Duda over Martin, who should not be on WW?

J
                  Martin cost me $14 in my AL only 5x5 40 man roster. Duda cost me $12 in my NL only 5x5 40 man rosters. I think I paid to much for Martin and got a good deal on Duda.

Martin is platooning and not playing very well. Duda is hot right now and helping my team. If you gave me a choice of just one of these for this year alone I would take Duda. Adding in that both of my leagues are keeper and both are in the first year of their contract makes it a bit closer but Duda still wins out.

This comes from a guy who made Martin his first round pick two or three years ago ($15 dollar round) and kept him as one of my free keepers until I traded him this off season. He was eventually dropped before our draft making him available for me to bid on. I am afraid he is still another year away from making a good fantasy impact.

I like Duda to "breakout" this year.

Comment

Martin cost me $14 in my AL only 5x5 40 man roster. Duda cost me $12 in my NL only 5x5 40 man rosters. I think I paid to much for Martin and got a good deal on Duda.

Martin is platooning and not playing very well. Duda is hot right now and helping my team. If you gave me a choice of just one of these for this year alone I would take Duda. Adding in that both of my leagues are keeper and both are in the first year of their contract makes it a bit closer but Duda still wins out.

This comes from a guy who made Martin his first round pick two or three years ago ($15 dollar round) and kept him as one of my free keepers until I traded him this off season. He was eventually dropped before our draft making him available for me to bid on. I am afraid he is still another year away from making a good fantasy impact.

I like Duda to "breakout" this year.
                    Noted.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Noted.

J
                      Best of luck with what ever you decide.

Comment

Best of luck with what ever you decide.
                        I decided to roll the dice on Doc. He may not have the velocity, but we know he can pitch. That way I could get Duda in time for the weekly roster change.

I should mention that Duda, at 27 is the baby OF on the roster, until Arcia gets officially called up: Bourn and Kubel 31, Wilingham 34. This is why I loaded up on prospect OF.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

J also knows that if he dropped Simba there is one team who would have jumped all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            J also knows that if he dropped Simba there is one team who would have jumped all over him.
                            Some geek might grab him, if his waiver priority was high enough.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                            X