Bubba Starling vs Myers(KC)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubba Starling vs Myers(KC)??

Is the Bubba hype just that or is he the real deal and worth selecting before Myers
    in minor league draft in a large(23 team) keeper league. We can hold picks as long as we want as long as they are not on major roster. Most other studs are long gone. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Myers

He's closer to the majors. Starling's good, but there's a long way to go with him.

Comment

How do you feel about Myers' fantasy value now that he's no longer a catcher prospect, but is playing the OF instead?

Comment

Myers is an elite hitter. I would not trade him for 5 Bubba Starlings. I know the sort of articles you've read that get you excited about him. As far as I can tell, it's mostly yellow journalism. Yes, he is a big upside player who might turn into a special player down the road if/when he commits to baseball, but he isn't Bryce Harper 2.0. He is not going to be a top 10 prospect this time next year. Wil Myers will be.

Comment

Not so sure how elite he will be to fantasy owners if he's not a catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Vaughn View Post
            Not so sure how elite he will be to fantasy owners if he's not a catcher.
            He's a better hitter right now that Bubba Starling, who is also slated for OF, by a wide margin. He is one of the top 5 OF prospects as a hitter. I'd rate him, for fantasy purposes, behind only Harper, Trout, Brown, and possibly Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              He's a better hitter right now that Bubba Starling, who is also slated for OF, by a wide margin. He is one of the top 5 OF prospects as a hitter. I'd rate him, for fantasy purposes, behind only Harper, Trout, Brown, and possibly Jennings.
              Not sure many are on board with that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Vaughn View Post
                Not sure many are on board with that opinion.
                I think there is a near consensus that Wil Myers is a top tier OF prospect and hitter. Every scout I've read loves his bat. This board's own RHD rates him highly (#12 overall). Keith Law does (#8 overall). Sickels does (A rated). Baseball America does (#10 overall). Goldstein with BP does (#13 overall). Can you point me to any source that does not rate Wil Myers as an elite prospect, or any that says his bat won't play big in the OF? All of the above sources who rate him as a top 10-12 prospect know that he is or would be an OFer when they ranked him.

The bottom line for this thread is that I can't think of a single source that currently would rate Bubba Starling ahead of Wil Myers, and I can't think of a reason why anyone would consider taking him over Myers right now. Heck, I think a strong case could be made for taking George Springer as the first OFer from the 2011 draft, not Starling. Where do you rank Myers as an OF prospect? Who do you rank ahead of him? Is Starling one of those you rank ahead of him?
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-14-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Another vote for Myers. Yes, his fantasy stock is a bit lower as an OF-er. His upside is that of a middle of the order bat, although the power may be limited to the 20-25 HR range, so with no SB potential, a "good" but not "elite" fantasy OF-er (as his upside case)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback from everyone. I am really not concerned that Myers probably won't be a Catcher. I already assumed he would be an OF. I also was considering Springer but I am pretty sure Myers will be my choice if he is still available.

Comment

so, I just found out who Bubba Starling is, lol.

If he committed to baseball and stopped flirting with going to Nebraska to play football, he might be the #1 pick this year.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

There is no chance Starling surpasses Rendon and Cole, unless those two get into a car accident together and end up in a coma. Starling could shoot up to #3 though. He's got big upside. Myers is still clearly the better pick at this point.

Comment

Working...
                        X