Conor Gillaspie
    Adam Lind
    James Loney
    Matt Dominguez
    Lyle Overbay
    Josh Donaldson
    Marwin Gonzalez

Thanks!

Short term or long term? Like Donaldson and Keppinger. Lind has potential if you can give him a week to see if there's a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Short term or long term? Like Donaldson and Keppinger. Lind has potential if you can give him a week to see if there's a chance.
      Add Gillaspie and Marwin to JC's names for consideration. Both will have increased playing time going forward. The former as a result of Beckham's injury and the latter because he's hitting in that putrid 'Stros lineup.

Comment

found myself wanting to recommend smoak (whom i believe is just around the corner from a breakthrough), but then realized i'd just be dragging someone else into my own little smoakamotive induced purgatory.

(4th year owner. 3 separate contracts.)
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
          found myself wanting to recommend smoak (whom i believe is just around the corner from a breakthrough), but then realized i'd just be dragging someone else into my own little smoakamotive induced purgatory.

(4th year owner. 3 separate contracts.)
          LOL. Too funny.

Comment

I'm liking parmalee this season
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Just for this year I would assume, I drafted A-Rod for a buck as my CI and we just ran retroactive stats so this is my first chance to replace him. Right now my waiver request is for Smoak with Keppinger as a backup, but I can change it before midnight tonight. Parmelee is definitely under consideration as well and pretty much all the names on the list have some sort of upside.

Comment

I would take Smoak. We expected too much too soon...maybe. I think he has some nice upside for a freebie.

Comment

Parmelee
                  Keppinger
                  Smoak
                  Marwin
                  Gillaspie

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Interesting that people are picking Marwin over Matt Dominguez.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

That WW looks pretty rich compared to what I am seeing in a 20 team mixed.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

We only start 4 OF, 1 Util, and 2 bench so there's usually a handful of rosterable players on the wire.

I ended up with both Smoak and Keppinger. Parmelee was claimed ahead of me and Marwin, Donaldson, and Sogard were also picked up, but the rest are still out there. Gillaspie's hot start has me intrigued, but is it sustainable?

Comment

so further on this - I'm looking deep for replacements for Reyes, & keep seeing Marwin Gonzales being recommended (as in this thread); maybe I'm missing something, but in the minors he showed next to no power, no speed, and a mediocre BA; is there something there that I'm not seeing?
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            so further on this - I'm looking deep for replacements for Reyes, & keep seeing Marwin Gonzales being recommended (as in this thread); maybe I'm missing something, but in the minors he showed next to no power, no speed, and a mediocre BA; is there something there that I'm not seeing?
                            A hot 2 weeks. He will be a pumpkin again by June.

The key is that you are looking deep. He does have a job.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Gonzalez is available in my 12 team 14 man bench league. He has been passed over on two FAAB already. I picked up Gillaspie last night and reserved ARod.

Comment

Working...
                              X