Quentin just charged Greinke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    By the way, I saw all of the above break down on a team I was pretty familiar with, and it had zero to do with people not being friends. It's more about leadership and trust than friendship.
    Mike, your last point is especially salient and is, I believe the research question the first paper I shared was trying to answer.
    Last edited by JudeBaldo; 04-13-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• And now the Dodgers are saying that Capuano's calf strain initially occurred when running in from the bullpen during the brawl.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• The good thing about the brawl was Quentin getting suspended and Kyle Blanks getting called up. FREE KYLE BLANKS! until he gets hurt....again

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          The good thing about the brawl was Quentin getting suspended and Kyle Blanks getting called up. FREE KYLE BLANKS! until he gets hurt....again
          Is there any shot that Blanks keeps getting regular playing time when Quentin gets back? Can be play RF at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Is there any shot that Blanks keeps getting regular playing time when Quentin gets back? Can be play RF at all?
            I believe Blanks played a few innings in RF the other night. Unfortunately, once Quentin comes back, he'll be back in LF (as often as his injury prone body will let him) and Alonso is entrenched at 1B and the Padres really need him to succeed there to justify the trade of Rizzo. Alonso is off to a good start and the new Petco dimensions should help his power. RF has been a pretty productive platoon of Denorfia/Venable but with Maybin going on the DL (and struggling mightily before he did) that platoon will shift to CF and Blanks could get some time in every other day or so in RF.

So, to answer your question, look for Blanks to still get some pt in RF and spell Quentin in LF a day or so a week when Q returns. All in all, I'd guess he plays 3-4 days per week. Obviously, if he keeps mashing, then it'll be closer to 5. Not sure what happens when Maybin returns as the Pads have too much invested in him to give up on him now.

Comment

• Thanks for the info Friarfan...that is what I feared. Even if Blanks does well, long term, it will be hard for him to secure playing time.

Comment

• They should putnhim in left, the giants hit three balls to guzman tonight that an average lf gets to, yet guzman couldnt
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• that's good news

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    "@AndyJohnsonB5Q No, Quvenzhané Greinke, of course." classic...
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      They should putnhim in left, the giants hit three balls to guzman tonight that an average lf gets to, yet guzman couldnt
                      But would Blanks?

Comment

Working...
                      X