Quentin just charged Greinke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin just charged Greinke

Quentin could have killed him but just decided to batter him with his shoulder and put Greinke in a headlock. Greinnke got a shiner on his nose. I love listening to Vin Scully narrate this thing.

Kemp was about to kill Bud Black just now.

Looks like Capuano is replacing an injured Greinke
    Last edited by JudeBaldo; 04-11-2013, 11:18 PM.

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Why the hell did Greinke get thrown out of the game?

Quentin needs to get a nice suspension for this.

I don't think Greinke is hurt, rumor spreader. He got tossed. At least I haven't heard about an injury yet.

Edit: I guess Scully did say something about that he might be hurt. We'll see. Carlos Quentin is a raging douchebag.
    Like you noted, I was paraphrasing Scully. I think Quentin held up once he realized how small Greinke is. He also didn't swing and just tried to bowl him over, which surprised me.

Comment

Quentin charges me and I duck and take out his knees. Short, chubby man picks himself up off the ground and walks away. Giant professional athlete writhes on the ground screaming in pain and watching his lower legs helicopter like Tim Krumrie. Some guys just shouldn't get into fights.

Comment

Greinke with a fractured collar bone

Comment

Apparently there's some history there between the two (according to the padres announcers).

Ugh! Of course I have Greinke on my head to head league. Ugly brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
            Greinke with a fractured collar bone
            son of a nutcracker. i've got han-ram, weaver, and greinke all three. gack.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

And now there are reports that Kemp went after Quentin in the parking lot after the game

Comment

Apparently Greinke hit Quentin a couple of times back in the AL...so according to Quentin, there's a 'history" between the two of them, according to Greinke, not. There's no call for a guy who gets hit by pitches more than anyone else to pull this kind of crap. As Mattingly said after the game, he should be suspended until Greinke comes back to pitch. What a total asshole. And new respect for Kemp for standing up for his teammate during, after the game...this might be the kind of thing to bring the Dodgers together as a team.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

I have Quentin & Greinke on the same NL team...I think I'll just cut Quentin out of spite

Comment

He was hit on a full count pitch, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      He was hit on a full count pitch, no?
                      Yes...that was what was so stupid about it. As Kemp said afterwards, paraphrasing here, "Quentin went to Stanford, right? I thought that smart people went to Stanford...that wasn't so smart".
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I have Aramis & Greinke on the same team....hello rebuilding in April!

Comment

Of our two co-favorites, one has Greinke and the other has Quentin - this could be worth some cash to the Quentin owner regardless of his suspension, like a hockey goon taking out the other team's star player for a while....

from the Dodgers' official Twitter account, @Dodgers

Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-12-2013, 06:36 AM.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As Hornsby alluded to, Quentin has lead the majors the last two years in HBP - 40 times in 204 games, just 149 starts, 823 PA. They should throw the book at him.
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Greinke has a broken left collarbone. We are talking months. Justice would have Q back at the same time.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X