No announcement yet.

Nationals Fans Want To Kill the Wave...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals Fans Want To Kill the Wave...

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/a-brie...ornery-to-die/

Amen.

Comment

They should have "Wave Day" once a month, so all the dorks - and kids, to be fair - can do it together.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I love the article :

Of course you’d have difficulty starting The Wave at a Marlins game these days … it would be pretty sparse. More like The Combover.
        I have never liked it and have never done it. Stupid. I want to watch the game not the idiots in the stands.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

They should get rid of beer too. And mascots, and lighted score boards, and playgrounds for kids, and singing take me out to the ballgame during what will no longer be a seventh inning stretch...

cripes... if some kid at the ballpark gets a smile out of doing the wave and it makes their life a little happier, who am I to take that away from them?

"Damn kids, get off my... errr... your lawn!"
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            They should get rid of beer too. And mascots, and lighted score boards, and playgrounds for kids, and singing take me out to the ballgame during what will no longer be a seventh inning stretch...

cripes... if some kid at the ballpark gets a smile out of doing the wave and it makes their life a little happier, who am I to take that away from them?

"Damn kids, get off my... errr... your lawn!"
            I'm fine with the mascots, lighted scoreboards, playgrounds for kids and the 7th inning stretch because none of those things interfere with my baseball watching experience.
            The wave not only disrupts my ballpark enjoyment, but it can be distracting to the players as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilage View Post
              I'm fine with the mascots, lighted scoreboards, playgrounds for kids and the 7th inning stretch because none of those things interfere with my baseball watching experience.
              The wave not only disrupts my ballpark enjoyment, but it can be distracting to the players as well.
              Can we keep the other team's fans out of the park then? I find them far more distracting to my baseball experience. And the guys talking business behind me. Or kids. Kids are really annoying. They mostly ignore the game and talk about what food they want next or where the mascot is, or if they can get on TV. And people who don't know anything about baseball and talk out their ass the whole game...
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

from deadspin, here is a Nationals fan killing his friend's shoes after a game.

Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Comment

The hardcore Right Field Faithful at Candlestick used to do the "Anti-wave", where they would standup from the field to the back of the wall, trying to crush the wave rolling around the stadium...
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

whew, glad I had a "kids" exemption in the original post
                      #kevlar
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                        from deadspin, here is a Nationals fan killing his friend's shoes after a game.
                        Funny thing is that's a picture taken outside Camden Yards in Baltimore, not in DC!

Comment

Working...
                        X