mlb blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mlb blackouts

can suck my crack. apparently the entire west coast is considered home territory for hawaii. sheesh.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

nothing a proxy server can't fix

Comment

Set yourself to be in the UK, no blackouts!
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

It's always seemed silly to me that in the Dallas Fort Worth area they black out Houston games. It isn't the same market. Now that the Astros are in the AL it won't matter as much to me since the Braves aren't playing them, but it was annoying when TBS wouldn't show it and I couldn't get the Astros feed either.

Comment

When I lived in AR I was a 4 hour drive from KC. We got 5 to 10 KC games televised each year and the MLB channel blacked out all KC games. It was a 6 hour drive to St Louis and all Cardinal games were blacked out. The local channel carrying those games wasn't on Directv and you couldn't get with rabbit ears, you needed cable. It was a 5 hour drive to Arlington and all Ranger games were blacked out but the majority of those I could watch on Fox Sports. Talk to MLB and they didn't care, just give them money and watch all the other games. At least with MLB channel I don't miss the baseball package like I used to.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              May I commend you on this beautiful artwork. I especially like the places where you put two and sometimes three crossed lines together and of course the dots and lines surrounded by other colors. This was certainly incredibly imaginative and clearly exemplifies your artistic soul.

Comment

you guys are right about the proxy server and that's what i did eventually, but it still bothers me that MLB has this approach.

with the world as it is now, you would think they'd be happy to have folks watching them in any way they can (on any device, be it TV, computer, mobile, etc.). it just makes no sense that they think folks will drive 6-8 hours (which is what it is to get from, say, albuquerque to either phoenix or denver) regularly to attend a game in person.

this aggression will not stand.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

On the plus side, you are in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                    On the plus side, you are in Hawaii.
                    mostly stuck in a meeting room, but, yeah .

Comment

Been using it for 2 years now. Just set the DNS for your router and you won't see any slowdown bandwidth wise as it only routes urls for region auth checks. It's a buck-ish a month, I just view it as part of the cost of the MLB package.

Comment

Working...
                      X