Kendry Morales Extension Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendry Morales Extension Question

I have never been more up in the air about a player in their option year!!!

Here are my 3 choices will Morales:

1. Keep just for 2011 at $1

2. Extend through 2012 ($6 - 2011, and $11 - 2012)

3. Extend through 2013 ($6 - 2011, $11 - 2012, and $16 - 2013)

I acquired him in the off season not worried much about his recovery and I fully intended to extend hom all the way out.

A week ago I was leaning toward just keeping for $1 for 2011 due to his slow progress.

Now with the reports moving in a positive direction I have no idea what the best decision is!!!

So what say you Penners?
    2011 - $1
    0%
    2011 - $6, and 2012 - $11
    0%
    2011 - $6, 2012 - $11, and 2013 - $16
    0%

The poll is expired.

Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

I basically have to Monday evening to make a decision here, any input or votes are much appreciated.
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

League parameters---AL or Mixed? # of teams?
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Mixed 5x5 14 teams

Comment

I would extend one year. That way, he not only gives you a decent profit this year, but he remains a valuable trade commodity at $6 for 2012. Extending two years would burden you with a player in 2013 who might have no profit.

I had forgotten that some leagues step up the salary annually in the case of an extension. In my leagues, if you extended him for one year, he would be $6 this year and next.

Comment

I can see why you're torn. Unless he comes all the way back, $11 for next year isn't a huge bargain in a 14-team mixed. If you think you can compete this year I might not extend him and take the profit (I realize $5 isn't a lot of cash, but how much more than $5 in value will you get for Morales $11 if you trade him to a dumper?)

Comment

Lucky and JC you two have each stated one side exactly as I see it and that is my conundrum.

When I acquired him in the off season I had planned on extending all the way but his slow rehab and return have made more cautious,

Currently the 2 sides each of you presented is where I am torn at: keep just for the $1 (no risk, little trade value, and a very large profit potential) I do think I'll be contending this year so it is an intriguing thought, however extendin stills gives me solid keeper for 2 years (more risk, possible trade value, but the profit potenial even just in this year is cut by $5).

My keepers are do at midnight tonight and I may get closer to the deadline this year than I ever had in the past lol.

Comment

When in doubt, do not extend. That's what I follow and it's the right answer more times than not.

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                  Lucky and JC you two have each stated one side exactly as I see it and that is my conundrum.

When I acquired him in the off season I had planned on extending all the way but his slow rehab and return have made more cautious,

Currently the 2 sides each of you presented is where I am torn at: keep just for the $1 (no risk, little trade value, and a very large profit potential) I do think I'll be contending this year so it is an intriguing thought, however extendin stills gives me solid keeper for 2 years (more risk, possible trade value, but the profit potenial even just in this year is cut by $5).

My keepers are do at midnight tonight and I may get closer to the deadline this year than I ever had in the past lol.
                  Don't think so much about the trade value. If he's killing the ball you can't trade him anyway. If he's $11 for 2011 and he's going to be a $25 player, then if you want to trade him you probably need to get back TWO $25 players (one for the profit and one to replace Kendry) - how realistic is that?

Comment

Kevin...Trade him to me and I will help you with the decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X