No announcement yet.

NL only dilemma for this Saturday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you gentlemen for all of the opinions. Sometimes I get too close and cannot see the forest for the trees. I am about the 3rd most active trader and yet I never consider that going into the auction. Give me another 20 years and I might remember.

Comment

How'd you make out, Gregg?

On Saturday, in my 12 team, NL-only, $280 auction with 25 man rosters and 12 man reserves (was 15 until the Astros went to the AL), Axford went for $18 (I picked up Henderson for $5), while Fujikawa went for $20 (Marmol went for $8). Soriano went for $25, with Storen going for $7. Kenley Janssen went for $18 and Motte went for $19 (I grabbed Boggs for $10). Rex Brothers went for $5 and Mark Melancon went for $6 (to the owner that kept Grilli for $1). Everyone other closer and/or obvious replacement was kept.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

our prices on Sat morning for available closers were:
        Papelbon 32
        Soriano 30
        Street 21
        Motte 18
        Fujikawa 17
        Axford 13
        Marmol 10
        Boggs 1*

*- I had 2 closers going in and was out of P openings when he came up; a few others brainfarted in part because 2 owners had plenty of money so the rest just expected a bidding war. I've never seen that before in 30 years of this auction. ok, Boggs is not guaranteed, but...
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          How'd you make out, Gregg?

On Saturday, in my 12 team, NL-only, $280 auction with 25 man rosters and 12 man reserves (was 15 until the Astros went to the AL), Axford went for $18 (I picked up Henderson for $5), while Fujikawa went for $20 (Marmol went for $8). Soriano went for $25, with Storen going for $7. Kenley Janssen went for $18 and Motte went for $19 (I grabbed Boggs for $10). Rex Brothers went for $5 and Mark Melancon went for $6 (to the owner that kept Grilli for $1). Everyone other closer and/or obvious replacement was kept.
          Thanks for asking!

I ended up taking the advice and dumping my $20 Axford. I added his money to some I had budgeted for a starter and ended up with a $38 Lee. I went to $44 on Kershaw who went for $45. This is the second highest any pitcher has gone for in league history.

I ended up going without any closers and lost out to the closers in waiting. Marmol went of $6, Fuji 13 or 14. Axford $14, and Soriano $24.

I did get Brian Wilson in the reserve round using my first round (6th overall) pick.

When Latos went for $29, I decided to roll the dice with Lincecum. I got him for $15. It is a gamble that could either sink me or put me up in the money. It is also one that I would not have taken with Halladay (who went for $16 later in the draft).

I know Kershaw was first, I grabbed Lee second (but would not have went another dollar). If I did not get him at $38 I would have made sure I got one of Hamels or Cain. Hamels went $40 and Cain for $35. I am not sure which of them went first.

I project to be 2nd or 3rd (within a half a point) and 7 points out of first. Then again my team name is Diamond Gypsies as my players are very nomadic and very few end up with me all season.

I have work to do, but all in all I am happy with the auction.

Comment

Working...
          X