The Astros are a gold mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Astros are a gold mine!

They are gonna break the team strikeout record by the all-star break. I would even start Bruce Chen against these guys.

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    They are gonna break the team strikeout record by the all-star break. I would even start Bruce Chen against these guys.
    I've been thinking the same thing. Start SPs against Houston. And Braves/Nationals/Phillies SPs could be pretty good if they're facing the Marlins and Mets fairly often.

Comment

I'm listening to the Astros broadcast (KBME) and these guys are really good. I am learning a ton. Alexi Ogando was banned from playing in the US for a while because he participated in a marriage-for-visas scandal. And he was signed by the As as an outfielder and acquired by the Rangers and converted into a pitcher by the Rangers. Adrian Beltre hit more HRs off sliders than anyone else in baseball and frequently goes up to the plate looking slider.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I'm listening to the Astros broadcast (KBME) and these guys are really good. I am learning a ton. Alexi Ogando was banned from playing in the US for a while because he participated in a marriage-for-visas scandal. And he was signed by the As as an outfielder and acquired by the Rangers and converted into a pitcher by the Rangers. Adrian Beltre hit more HRs off sliders than anyone else in baseball and frequently goes up to the plate looking slider.
        They mentioned the same visa scandal on the rangers broadcast

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Brett Wallace just looks lost out there. I give the kid three more weeks before he's demoted. He's struck out in 7 of 9 ABs so far.
          Yet another reminder of the differences between college/minors and the pros. He looked so promising before he was put to the test against major league pitching. Now, you are right, he doesn't belong in the majors.

Comment

I know it doesn't always apply (see Gio Gonzalez), but Wallace is Exhibit A in why I am leery of prospects who are traded multiple times while still prospects.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Brett Wallace just looks lost out there. I give the kid three more weeks before he's demoted. He's struck out in 7 of 9 ABs so far.
              Speaking of lost, Chris Carter just made a comically bad error. The Astros remind me of the Indians at the beginning of Major League.

Comment

Carter would definitely be pedro serrano.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Wallace is Exhibit A in why I am leery of prospects who are traded multiple times while still prospects.
                  I agree, and Andy Marte can be Exhibit B.

Comment

Working...
                  X