No announcement yet.

Strategies for daily leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This site is good to give you a ballpark on the weather, and then I will go to weather.com for the hourly reports.

Get the best MLB Baseball Odds, Lines and Free Baseball Picks from DonBest, your one stop sports handicapping resource with up-to-date MLB betting info.

Comment

I went with:
      C - Posey
      1B - Votto
      2B - Gyorko
      3B - Longoria
      SS - Pennington
      OF - Ellsbury
      OF - Trout
      OF - Hamilton
      P - Griffin

Cincy game delayed, 8:10pm start.

Comment

the tarp is coming off in cincy with an 8:10 start time ...hope it holds

Comment

Anyone know yet if they do cancel the Pirates game will the accumulated stats count? or will it wipe back out to zero since the game didn't count?

Comment

They have live help chat, here is their answer...

Dylan at FanDuel: Unfortunately if a game is postponed before it becomes "official" all stats are disregarded by the MLB
            Dylan at FanDuel: as we use their official stats provider, STATS inc points wouldn't count for postponed games

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I went with:
              C - Posey
              1B - Votto
              2B - Gyorko
              3B - Longoria
              SS - Pennington
              OF - Ellsbury
              OF - Trout
              OF - Hamilton
              P - Griffin

Cincy game delayed, 8:10pm start.
              This is not going well.......

Comment

This is not going well.......
                Nope, my Angels 3 had a chance to do good things last inning, but a pair of RBI singels with 0 runs scored only got my 4 points. Gonna need some late game heroics from someone and one hell of a game from Griffin.

Comment

PIT STL is PPD...im doing terrible also. But I have the Oak OF to save me I guess.

Comment

It's so easy to overthink this.....I had Juan Francisco in my "initial" lineup pre-STL-PIT rainout scare. oh well.

Comment

It's so easy to overthink this.....I had Juan Francisco in my "initial" lineup pre-STL-PIT rainout scare. oh well.
                      I was this/close to posting about your Francisco call.

Who is everyone going with at SP today? Lots of studs are starting, but they're $$$. Kershaw has the Padres, but he costs a boatload of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Yeah I have Posey, Walker and Marte in. I am still double checking the local weather here in Pittsburgh. I also like Trout at 4100 and have been trying to decide if I like Segura or Ian Desmond better at 3400. Oh well, hopefully we get a few winners tonight. AJ Griffin will be the big key though. Good luck Ed!

Edit : Pirates game starts at 7 the rain is coming at a little after 9. Hopefully they can get the whole game in.
                        Hey thanks Keith for this great weather update. I managed to remove Craig, Marte & Walker from my lineup, and while the team I ended with was not optimal, I didn't get wiped out by the postponement like some others probably did. So despite a middling day (31.75 pts), I finished in the money in both my $10 & $25 Double Up leagues. Good stuff.

Comment

FOUR games today in danger of being postponed:
                          SF@MLW - 90% - 100% chance of rain at gametime
                          NYM@COL - 100% chance of snow
                          LAA@MIN - 100% chance of rain
                          TEX@CHC - 70%-100% chance of rain

this could be another good day if you avoid all four, since others probably won't!

Comment

Milwaukee has a retractable roof, so I assume it will be closed today.

Comment

No problem Ed, I figure we should try to help each other out when we can here.

Anyway, I am looking at going with Shelby Miller. The Bucs can K a lot, and if you go up to the next tier the cost is pretty high. I will work on a lineup now.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                                No problem Ed, I figure we should try to help each other out when we can here.

Anyway, I am looking at going with Shelby Miller. The Bucs can K a lot, and if you go up to the next tier the cost is pretty high. I will work on a lineup now.
                                I was between him and Detwiler. Think I'm going with Detwiler against the Marlins. Right now, I have:

Kratz
                                Votto
                                Phillips
                                Longoria
                                Peralta
                                Swisher
                                Rajai Davis
                                Marte

Comment

Working...
                                X