Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOW how much would you pay for these wounded and/or hard-to-value NL-only stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW how much would you pay for these wounded and/or hard-to-value NL-only stars?

These are the big, hard-to-value NL names coming up in my auction this weekend.

Who do you like at these sample prices in a keeper league? Obviously all liable to be at discounted prices for 2014-15, but would you pay these prices this year, or pass?

Anyone you'd go much higher on?

What did they go for in your league?

C McCann 8
    1B-OF Hart 18
    3B Headley 25
    3B Freese 15
    3B-SS H-Ram 14
    OF CCrawford 25
    OF Eaton 9
    SP Greinke 13
    SP Halladay 7
    SP Lincecum 6
    RP Motte 15
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Every one of those guys went for more in my league. We did draft before the Eaton and Motte injuries though. Hope that helps.

Comment

H-Ram and Greinke both seem way under value at those prices. i like Lincecum at 6, but not near as much as the other two. personally i wouldn't touch Crawford at 25, but that might be right (just too much risk for me).
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Greinke at 13 is ridiculous. He's not missing any significant time.

I can see the discount for H-Ram because he could miss about a third of the season.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

wow, love all of these insights

keep 'em coming!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
            H-Ram and Greinke both seem way under value at those prices. i like Lincecum at 6, but not near as much as the other two. personally i wouldn't touch Crawford at 25, but that might be right (just too much risk for me).
            Totally agree on HRam and Greinke being undervalued, especially for next year.

Here's what these guys went for in my 12-team NL-only:

C McCann 8 - 12
            1B-OF Hart 18 - 20
            3B Headley 25 - 27
            3B Freese 15 - 26 (late in the draft)
            3B-SS H-Ram 14 - 26
            OF CCrawford 25 - 25
            OF Eaton 9 - 5 (kept)
            SP Greinke 13 - 28
            SP Halladay 7 - 20
            SP Lincecum 6 - 18
            RP Motte 15 - 20

Halladay and Lincecum have been dominant in the recent past and as such are worthwhile gambles (especially at the prices you posted) but I'm still a bit wary.

Comment

Uhhh, something tells me tinitoys is in my league...REVEAL YOURSELF!

Comment

we draft sunday, so these are my guesses

C McCann 8....this seems about right
                1B-OF Hart 18....as does this
                3B Headley 25...a little too high for my tastes, but I'll probably throw him out early
                3B Freese 15.....I like him here, but I might be alone
                3B-SS H-Ram 14.....I'll go to 20, at a minimum, he's a keeper for next year
                OF CCrawford 25....too high for me
                OF Eaton 9....my guess is that he'll go for about $5
                SP Greinke 13....I'm fine going +5 here
                SP Halladay 7...I think he's cooked, but I'm tempted to open with him at $9 and fish out some money
                SP Lincecum 6....we are SF based, so he's going for more than this, but not to me
                RP Motte 15....I think this is high

great list for tossing out at auction!
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

thanks, fresno, I hoped there would be other auctions with these dilemmas - and always appreciate your insights.

P.S. will that corporate card ever make it back to NYC?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

thanks again.

I think I may have, to an extent, non-keeper prices listed. But even so, it is greatly helping me get my mind around these guys...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      These are the big, hard-to-value NL names coming up in my auction this weekend.

Who do you like at these sample prices in a keeper league? Obviously all liable to be at discounted prices for 2014-15, but would you pay these prices this year, or pass?

Anyone you'd go much higher on?

What did they go for in your league?

C McCann 8
                      1B-OF Hart 18
                      3B Headley 25
                      3B Freese 15
                      3B-SS H-Ram 14
                      OF CCrawford 25
                      OF Eaton 9
                      SP Greinke 13
                      SP Halladay 7
                      SP Lincecum 6
                      RP Motte 15
                      We drafted last weekend. We're a 12 Team NL Only 4x4 going into year 24 and here is what these guys went for in our league.

C McCann 14
                      1B-OF Hart 17 (was kept)
                      3B Headley 17 (was kept)
                      3B Freese 22
                      3B-SS H-Ram 19
                      OF CCrawford 26
                      OF Eaton 5 (was kept)
                      SP Greinke 34
                      SP Halladay 28
                      SP Lincecum 18
                      RP Motte 6

Now, there was very little pitching to be had. A lot of top starters had been kept and to illustrate the lack of same,Rotolab had listed Mike Fiers as the 10-th most valuable pitcher available to buy. So this should explain the Halladay/Lincecum pricing above.

Also, Kershaw ($44), Lee ($41) and Hamels ($41) was the first time we've ever had three starters go over $40 in our league history. Cain had been protected at $37.

Daver

Comment

In my 10-team NL-only redraft league, prior to the Motte and Eaton injuries and when Han-Ram was still cited as anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks:

C McCann 8 - sold for 7 (our league only rosters one catcher) - I think this is a fair price
                        1B-OF Hart 18 - sold for 9 - I think that's a good value, he'll probably earn 14 or so
                        3B Headley 25 - sold for 23 - I think that's a bit too high, but okay
                        3B Freese 15 - sold for 20 - was one of the few decent 3Bs left when tossed, but still too high
                        3B-SS H-Ram 14 - sold for 27 - way to much considering the injury
                        OF CCrawford 25 - sold for 21 - okay
                        OF Eaton 9 - sold for 9 - I think he might have gone for 3 or 4 after the injury
                        SP Greinke 13 - sold for 24 - basically went at full price - I was wary of him even absent the injury
                        SP Halladay 7 - sold for 23 - league full of Philly fans - I'd have gambled at around $11 but no higher
                        SP Lincecum 6 - sold for 17 - again, I'd have taken a shot at $11 but no higher
                        RP Motte 15 - sold for 17 before the injury; now you should only have to pay $9-10 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          In my 10-team NL-only redraft league, prior to the Motte and Eaton injuries and when Han-Ram was still cited as anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks:

C McCann 8 - sold for 7 (our league only rosters one catcher) - I think this is a fair price
                          1B-OF Hart 18 - sold for 9 - I think that's a good value, he'll probably earn 14 or so
                          3B Headley 25 - sold for 23 - I think that's a bit too high, but okay
                          3B Freese 15 - sold for 20 - was one of the few decent 3Bs left when tossed, but still too high
                          3B-SS H-Ram 14 - sold for 27 - way to much considering the injury
                          OF CCrawford 25 - sold for 21 - okay
                          OF Eaton 9 - sold for 9 - I think he might have gone for 3 or 4 after the injury
                          SP Greinke 13 - sold for 24 - basically went at full price - I was wary of him even absent the injury
                          SP Halladay 7 - sold for 23 - league full of Philly fans - I'd have gambled at around $11 but no higher
                          SP Lincecum 6 - sold for 17 - again, I'd have taken a shot at $11 but no higher
                          RP Motte 15 - sold for 17 before the injury; now you should only have to pay $9-10 IMO
                          Wow, I am shocked at these prices for a redraft league. There are a couple of good values, but some are way out there.

Comment

JJ,

In our league:

Eaton 15
                            Hart 20

I don't have the others handy but generally a bit more than your estimates (though Headley and Motte were kept). Hope that helps.

Comment

Ok, I think this tells me something that I hadn't even thought of - those prices of mine are probably the price levels at which I should still be interested in acquiring those hitters. Once it goes over, I won't worry about someone getting a steal (except for the starting pitchers, who will go higher).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                              X