First shhhh of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First shhhh of the year

The Rangers/Astros game is pretty good tonight.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Through 7, with 12 strikeouts.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

First time I've really seen him pitch and I love his delivery. So much balance and his none throwing arm looks like a perfect sight line.

Comment

On MLB network.

Comment

Through 8 with 14 Ks.

Comment

One down....

Comment

Two down.....

Comment

And he blew it!

Comment

Wow, so close.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    And he blew it!
                    To a guy named Marwin. God I love baseball.

Comment

A funny exchange. We were just finishing an online draft when Darvish coughed it up.

Nick: Dude. Can you imagine what it must feel like to lose a perfect game in the ninth?
                      Me: Totally devasting... and exciting. A weird mix of the two.
                      Nick: I bet he's just crapping his pants.
                      Me: Nah... he's having his interpreter crap his pants.

Comment

Working...
                      X