Bullpen Banter's Top 100 Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullpen Banter's Top 100 Prospects

I love these guys. Each of their top 100 player reports has write-ups from multiple writers from a scouting perspective and a a write-up for fantasy purposes plus video of the player.

The ranking was done before Spring Training and at that point there was very little info on Puig. They've just finished the reports on the players on the list.

Comment

Nice to have video of every player. Jorge Soler sounds like he has lots of potential - time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
        The ranking was done before Spring Training and at that point there was very little info on Puig. They've just finished the reports on the players on the list.
        Even so, I'm not sure a prospect should significantly move up based on ST. Lets see what he does in half a season in the minors before repositioning him.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          Even so, I'm not sure a prospect should significantly move up based on ST. Lets see what he does in half a season in the minors before repositioning him.
          I don't think they should move him up to the top 10 or anything, but considering the money the Dodgers put up for him you have to at least give the benefit of the doubt and put him in the top 100.

Comment

If you had a minor league draft right now and you had the choice between Puig and d'Arnaud who would you take?
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              I don't think they should move him up to the top 10 or anything, but considering the money the Dodgers put up for him you have to at least give the benefit of the doubt and put him in the top 100.
              What if the dodgers threw money at just an ok prospect? I would hope that money didnt influence where a prospect is ranked.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                In a two catcher, shallow league I'd probably still take d'Arnaud. Otherwise, I take Puig.

Seriously, have you seen Puig play? He's one of those batters where the ball makes a different sound coming off of his bat than other players, kind of like Gary Sheffield used to be. It's really hard for me to be objective right now but every time I saw the Dodgers play in Spring Training Puig was the best player on the field. You can still see that he's not a finished product but it's hard for me to imagine that he wouldn't be an above average major league regular right this second if the opportunity presented itself.
                It's a 12 team NL only, with 2 catchers. I have the second pick and those two are the best available. I think I'm gonna end up with d'Arnaud.

I have not seen him play but based on his numbers alone, I believe you.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                X