NL minor league picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL minor league picks

We are having a minor league draft this week in my NL 5x5 keeper league. Many potential stars are already rostered. I am looking specifically for 2013 call-ups (preferably before all-star break when we hold the mid-season draft) as I possess a number of mid-season minor league picks and will need to churn a couple of fall and existing picks to maximize my return/picks.

Already accounted for are Renson, Skaggs, Marsnick, Arenado, Cole, B. Jackson, D'Arnaud, Erlin, Wheeler, Taveras, Wong,Yelich, Hamilton, Wacha, Baez and Puig.

On my list are Thornburg, Cigrani,Wilmer Flores and Davidson. Please rank including add anyone who may fit that I overlooked. Thanks much.
    Last edited by FBP; 04-01-2013, 06:56 PM.

If the #1 goal is to ID prospects who might be up before the A-S break, on your list I'd go Cingrani or Thornburg, since pitchers always get hurt and new arms will be needed.

Davidson - appears to be blocked for pt
    Flores - just has half a season in AA before this year.

The only other guy I came up with is Darin Ruf - Phi bat; could come up if Ryan Howard or a corner outfielder gets hurt

A couple other names:
    Arodys Vizcaino- possible Cubs closer of the future but not expected before A-S break
    Jake Marisnick - Fla OF; but just has half a season in AA.

Guys with MLB experience who ended up in the minors: Tyler Colvin, Kyle Blanks, Dee Gordon, Josh Vitters, Brett Jackson. Brian Wilson FA if you're desperate/gambler. Of those, I like Colvin, who likely contributes this year for the Rockies but doesn't have the big upside you may be looking for.

Comment

I really like Davidson, but he really needs an injury to find his way into short-term value.

Colvin is an excellent choice for an early call up and should prove immediately useful if he's available to you.

others worth thought

Jorge Soler
      Jacob Turner
      Billy Hamilton
      Gary Brown
      Dee Gordon
      -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

how bout gregory polanco, alen henson or javier baez

Comment

Working...
        X