Ludwick separated shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludwick separated shoulder

Separated his right shoulder sliding into 3B. Hersey is the man now unless they bring up Hamilton

how long is he estimated to be out for?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      how long is he estimated to be out for?
      MRI tomorrow to determine extent of injury. Big difference between just a mild separation or dislocation. As a therapist, I'd say a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks

Comment

With Heisey available as a decent 4th outfielder, I'd be surprised if they go Hamilton right away. Scanning http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19780 now, my admittedly ignorant guess is Denis Phipps gets called up from the minors to be 5th OF with Xavier Paul becoming 4th OF and Heisey becoming the starting LF.

Comment

gah - he was one of my FA 2K13 pickups :/.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
            gah - he was one of my FA 2K13 pickups :/.
            At least he didn't cost you anything. Go get Brown.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              With Heisey available as a decent 4th outfielder, I'd be surprised if they go Hamilton right away. Scanning http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19780 now, my admittedly ignorant guess is Denis Phipps gets called up from the minors to be 5th OF with Xavier Paul becoming 4th OF and Heisey becoming the starting LF.
              Since Frazier can play the corner OF positions in a pinch, I would guess a more veteran infielder comes up.

Comment

Was Hamilton capable of drawing a walk in spring training? or just completely overmatched?

How many steals did he have compared to hits+walks?

Comment

Originally posted by goodwilly98 View Post
                  MRI tomorrow to determine extent of injury. Big difference between just a mild separation or dislocation. As a therapist, I'd say a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks
                  so which one's worse again? Separation or dislocation? And BTW...gahhh opening day injuries suck ass especially when you stole ludwick for $3 when everyone fell asleep at the draft.

Comment

Our freeze lists were due today at noon. Was surprised that Heisey was dropped at 3 units.
                    #ouch
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      so which one's worse again? Separation or dislocation? And BTW...gahhh opening day injuries suck ass especially when you stole ludwick for $3 when everyone fell asleep at the draft.
                      If it ends up being a dislocation, that would be worse

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Our freeze lists were due today at noon. Was surprised that Heisey was dropped at 3 units.
                        #ouch
                        I snagged Heisey with my last reserve pick in our draft a week ago. YAY!.... I traded him Sunday night for a 2014 6th round reserve pick. BOO!

I liked Heisey's chance to have some value this year, but needed to open a roster spot for Ben Revere who had to be activated from my Minors squad. So instead of dropping him, I at least got something out of him. I just didn't expect him to start getting good playing time 3 innings into the season. lol
                        -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

from rotoworld:

Ryan Ludwick - OF - Reds

Ryan Ludwick will undergo surgery Wednesday to repair torn cartilage in his right shoulder.
                          Source: Cincinnati Reds on Twitter
                          Apr 2 - 3:43 PM

that seems worse than even a dislocation - season-ending?
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            from rotoworld:

Ryan Ludwick - OF - Reds

Ryan Ludwick will undergo surgery Wednesday to repair torn cartilage in his right shoulder.
                            Source: Cincinnati Reds on Twitter
                            Apr 2 - 3:43 PM

that seems worse than even a dislocation - season-ending?
                            Possibly. If it's a torn labrum (which is common in head-first slide injuries) then it would probably take 4-6 months for him to take the field again.

Comment

From Rotoworld:

Ryan Ludwick (shoulder) is expected to miss the next three months. Ludwick damaged the labrum in his right shoulder in Monday's season-opener against the Angels and is scheduled to undergo surgery on Wednesday. It's a tough blow for the Reds, who will use Chris Heisey in left field in Ludwick's absence. Derrick Robinson is likely to be called up from the minors to add some outfield depth.

Comment

Working...
                              X