My 12TO NL Only Team - Thoughts ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 12TO NL Only Team - Thoughts ...

12 teams NL Only always crazy inflation on hitting. I listed the whole auction in another thread. 5x5...

Ok well I tried to wait for people to punch themselves out on some of the studs, but luckily I at least got my money into the middle on a couple of guys early. Anyway here is the results..

* for Keepers...

C Carlos Ruis $10
    1B Joey Votto $15 *
    2B Darwin Barney $4 *
    SS And. Simmons $5 *
    3B Pedro Alvarez $5 *
    MI Cody Ransom $1
    CI Yonder Alonso $5 *
    OF Jon Jay $3 *
    OF BJ Upton $41
    OF Jayson Werth $31
    OF Kirk Newinhus $2
    OF Will Venable $20
    UT Michael Cuddyer $32
    UT Eric Young Jr. $7

P Stephen Strasburg $15 *
    P Aroldis Chapman $5 *
    P Cliff Lee $33
    P Josh Beckett $15
    P Sean Marshall $1 *
    P Tyler Clippard $1 *
    P Randall Delgado $3
    P Carlos Marmol $4
    P Kevin Slowey $1

RSVS
    JJ Hoover P $2
    Jeff Locke P $1
    Carlos Lee 1B $1
    Dee Gordon SS $2
    Mark Rogers P $1

FARM

Oscar Taveras
    Anthony Rendon
    Eury Perez
    Tyrell Jenkins

Well I had some good keepers so hopefully I didn't screw this up too badly.

Really like what you did which goes without saying since we seem to hold very similar valuations of players. We went head to head a few times on players but in general I avoided you thankfully since I bought earlier than you did. That said, really like the guys you bought as they were all on my radar too (Lee, Upton, Beckett) though was happy to see you overpay (imo) on Cuddyer & Werth. Per Rotolab, you are I look to be neck-and-neck and interestingly enough adding SP is in both our best interests. Hopefully my FARM guys will be preferred though I have to imagine Tavares will net you a VERY nice return if you so choose. I really prefer not to deal Hamilton but will if it means keeping a SP away from you

Good luck!!

Comment

so what was the deal on Cuddyer, you and someone else were the last two guys with money available?
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        so what was the deal on Cuddyer, you and someone else were the last two guys with money available?
        Well there were 3 or maybe even 4 of us with money. I wish I could see how the bidding led up. In the end I lost Fowler at 31 and had decided I had to get Cuddyer and Werth as the drop off from there was pretty significant. You can't take the auction money with you and I didn't leave any on the table in the end. May have been better off going after the mid 40s Justin Upton or Ryan Zimmerman, but yeah it was a money left vs talent left thing.

Comment

Working...
        X