Jonathan Singelton
    Rougened Odor
    Gary Sanchez

Carlos Martinez
    Tyler Skaggs
    James Paxton
    Luis Heredia
    Tyrell Jenkins

All thoughts are always appreciated. Thanks.

As I see it, plenty of speed and not enough power...you really don't have a guaranteed 30 HR guy, and most of the rest are potentially in the teens. That'll also translate into too few RBI...but in steals and runs you should be great, and should be OK in OBP as well.

Pitching, wow. Hamels and Weaver? Nice. Lots of K's and good ratios, but a couple of potential gascans in Myers and Masterson that you'll have to watch.

Overall, a nice team, but one that you'll have to do some work with others to improve.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'll echo Steve's comment and ask, "Where's the beef?" You're pitching staff would be awesome if Haren bounced back.

Comment

Here's my take:

Your strengths:
        • Lots of upside plays. If a few of your gambles pay off, you will have some some fine value.
        • Your starting pitching is awesome. Really, awesome. Those top three starters are as good as any top three in the league.
        • Your minor leaguers are fantastic and you may get some help soon from there.

Your weaknesses:
        • Like the others said, you're short on power, which is the toughest thing to find on the wire, and the hardest thing to trade for. You aren't so far off, that this is a lost cause or anything, but you are two impact power bats from staying in the top third in hitting. If your hitting drops out of the top third, your pitching will not be able to compensate. Do you have the chips to pull that off? Maybe. Your minors are quite good.
        • League and Grilli are both shaky, but saves can be found. I like Melancon and Rosenthal.
        • This is my main impression of this team: You know those jerkoffs that juggle chainsaws? How do they ever know when they have enough chainsaws? Do they ever get one chainsaw too many, just to try, and lose a limb? Your team feels like it has too many chainsaws in it. If you pulled it off, it really would make you look like master juggler, but I think you are more likely to lose something, you can't get back. This team has SO much risk. If you get an fair allotment of luck, this team will hang in there. You have some gambles that can pay off big. If you get a fantastic amount of luck, you could compete easily, and you should buy a lottery ticket immediately. If you get an unfair amount of luck, you are sunk. I like to take on risk at the draft (That's why I drafted Ubaldo Jimenez) but I think you've taken it too far. And it's spread throughout the whole roster. The good news is you didn't really overpay for any of it, except maybe Hanley, but that was a decent play at $22, and I'm not even high on Hanley. You will have to find a way to mitigate some of this risk. Luckily, Tavares will help, and maybe some of the others.

Overall, not a bad team at all, and it should be exciting to follow. You'll be a sure thing to stay in the middle of the pack on pitching alone, and if you catch some breaks on hitting or make some big trades, you could get even higher.

Comment

Thanks guys, I agree I am short on power. The prices just went over my head as I had decided I wanted to get two aces instead. I will have to hope that either my guys keep my in it for a while and I trade from my farm depth or a few guys have some big years. I just used my first farm pick on Kevin Gausman so maybe I can get some more pitching help later this year between him Skaggs or Martinez.

Nice analogy Dane, I enjoyed it. Have a good one guys!

Comment

Studly farm there Keith. I know thats not what you are asking. You post a HDID, and I comment on your shoes, its like a different language, like the adults in Peanuts where they all sound like "wra wraa wra wraa". But that farm is like a freakin pirates treasure chest. You could at will trade those for the missing power in your lineup, as well as buy back manhattan. In any case, you bought your value, its a matter of if you want to roller pin it out or not.

Comment

Like everyone else has said, very nice pitching. Robertson is fine in his own right, but if Rivera can't make it through the season, you'll have very nice closers to go with your very nice starters. Just hope League keeps that job! I also agree that you might be a little light on power, but you do have a lot of 15/15 or 20/20 guys, so I don't think you'll necessarily be at the bottom. Overall, I see you as a top half team with potential, and possibly higher, particularly given the minor leaguers you'll have to trade midseason.

Comment

Working...
              X