The Dane's RJEL Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dane's RJEL Team

For the life of me, I cannot figure this league out. I suppose it's the depth and the AL, but I'm at a loss. I never seem to like my team.
    *Keepers

The Team
    C- JJaso $1
    1B- JVotto $60
    2B- JAltuve $10*
    3B- TFrazier $8* 2014
    SS- JHardy $7
    MI- CPennington $4
    CI- YAlonso $6*
    OF- JUpton $44
    OF- WVenable $14
    OF- RLudwick $3*
    OF- ADeAza $2*
    OF- JValdespin $1*
    UT- AGonzalez $1
    UT- EYoung $3

SP- CKershaw $41
    SP- THudson $13
    SP- KMedlen $5*
    SP- PCorbin $2
    SP- JTeheran $1 (up from Minors)
    SP- SMiller $5 (up from Minors)
    RP- KFujikawa $7
    RP- SCishek $3*
    RP- JAxford $11* 2014

Bench-DL
    2B LForsythe $1*
    C BMcCann $5
    OF JDyson $1
    OF DYoung $3
    SP- MGarza $7
    SP- JWestbrook $1
    SP- UJimenez $1

Minors
    JProfar
    AEaton
    KWong
    WFlores
    MChoice
    TLindsey
    LAnderson
    DDahl

I guess I like the fact that as time goes on, I should be getting better, with DL guys McCann, Young, Forsythe, and likely promotions from Profar, Eaton, and Wong. I have the #6 pick in this year's minor league draft. I think I'm strong in SBs and OBP, and maybe Saves (especially if Marmol implodes), but I'll be hurting everywhere else. I doubt I have enough power to get into the top half. I do feel like I overpaid for Votto, Kershaw and Upton, but not much else, and I feel that overpaying on studs is sometimes a necessity. Also, except for Hudson, it's a pretty young team.

What do you think?
    Last edited by The Dane; 03-31-2013, 03:16 PM.

I LOVE your hitting...really solid across the board in all the categories. You've got speed, power, and OBP...a couple of holes, but easily plugged with your bench and minors.

Pitching should be very good with Kershaw, Hudson, and Medlin, and if the kids don't disappoint, you're in tall clover. You may have 3 closers, you may have one, but either way, saves are easy to find during the year.

Overall, one of the best teams that I've seen for this season...really should contend all year, barring injuries.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Such a well balanced team. Like Steve I think it'll play well. It's generally young team which will bode well for growth. The old guy (Alex Gonzalez) is cheap and productive.

Comment

I agree with this. And you may actually have useable pieces on the bench in Garza, McCann, etc, which is hard to do in an 18 team league. Plus, you can get a king's ransom for Profar to make up for any injuries/surprises that occur mid year. Nice team.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I LOVE your hitting...really solid across the board in all the categories. You've got speed, power, and OBP...a couple of holes, but easily plugged with your bench and minors.

Pitching should be very good with Kershaw, Hudson, and Medlin, and if the kids don't disappoint, you're in tall clover. You may have 3 closers, you may have one, but either way, saves are easy to find during the year.

Overall, one of the best teams that I've seen for this season...really should contend all year, barring injuries.

Comment

Working...
        X