Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the FantasyBaseBaldo's (My RJEL team)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the FantasyBaseBaldo's (My RJEL team)?

Position: Player (Salary-Contract Year)

Hitters:
    C: Lucroy, Johnathan (1-B)
    1B: Encarnacion, Edwin (42-A)
    2B: Pedroia, Dustin (38-A)
    3B: Zimmerman (36-A)
    SS: Desmond, Ian (16-B)
    MI: Ellis, Mark (1-A)
    CI: Wallace, Brett (1-A)
    OF: Cespedes, Yoenis (22-B)
    OF: The Wrench (10-2014)
    OF: Harper, Bryce (6-A)
    OF: Lombardozzi, Stephen (1-A)
    OF: Reddick, Josh (4-B)
    U: Bay, Jason (1-A)
    U: Polanco, Placido (1-A)

Rotation
    P: Wainwright, Adam (7-X)
    P: Bumgarner, Madison (5-X)
    P: Sabathia, CC (35-A)
    P: Parker, Jarrod (5-A)
    P: Balfour, Grant (13-A)
    P: Bastardo, Antonio (1-A)
    P: Casilla, Santiago (1-A)
    P: Kelly, Joe (1-A)
    P: Delgado, Randall (1-A)

Reserves/DL
    RES: Ramos, Wilson (1-A)
    RES: Ramirez, Wilkin (1-A)
    RES: Cook, Ryan (3-A)
    RES: Wright, Wesley (1-A)
    RES:
    INJ: Motte, Jason

Farm System
    Minors: Hamilton, Billy (
    Minors: Cole, Gerrit
    Minors: Correa, Carlos
    Minors: Gilmartin, Sean
    Minors: Gennett, Scooter
    Minors: Williams, Mason
    Minors: Grossman, Robbie
    Minors: McNutt, Trey

What do y'all think? We're currently in the process of conducting our minor league. I finished 5th in my second season (last year) and was awarded, the first overall pick and took Carlos Correa.

With Motte going to the DL, I have another space on my reserve list.

Thanks for the input guys.
    Last edited by JudeBaldo; 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM.

You kind of did a stars and scrubs auction, which I'm not sure can really work well in a league as deep as our is. Having a few black holes at hitting and pitching are going to make it difficult to accumulate some of the counting stats needed, but then again, your stars are so good it's very possible that they'll overcome that.

Curious as to why you jumped the CC bid as high as you did...I would have thought that you could have gotten him at a bit of a discount given last years problems and the general downtrend of the Yanks.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      You kind of did a stars and scrubs auction, which I'm not sure can really work well in a league as deep as our is. Having a few black holes at hitting and pitching are going to make it difficult to accumulate some of the counting stats needed, but then again, your stars are so good it's very possible that they'll overcome that.

Curious as to why you jumped the CC bid as high as you did...I would have thought that you could have gotten him at a bit of a discount given last years problems and the general downtrend of the Yanks.
      I had to go to a semi-stars and scrubs team when I accidentally bid on CC. I think my team would have been a lot different. I made that mistake because I was visiting some college buddies and I ended up getting an hour of sleep.

Comment

I like your team a lot. I think you'll be competitive right out of the gate.

Your strengths:
        •Tons of studs all over your offense, and the "holes" are spread out well, so that when you trade, you'll have space for anyone.
        •Pitching staff is solid. With the obvious exception of CC, good teams with mostly good pitching parks.
        •My cursory analysis puts you in the top tier of teams, three teams deep. You are a contender.

Your weaknesses:
        •Like Hornsby said, you do have some holes to fill on offense.
        •You may be a little short on SB, and OBP, to a lesser extent.
        •The pitching staff will need another ace to seriously contend.
        •You may be a little short on saves. I think Motte's injury may be worse than we think or even be the recurring kind. The rest of your guys are less solid with their opportunities. Good skills though. I like Cook a lot.
        •You are likely going to lose Delgado, because Corbin was just announced as the #5 and I'm guessing that they will keep him stretched out in AAA before putting him in the pen.
        •Your bench is mostly bit parts with marginal value. I love Ramos, but he may never be worth anything in this league because we are so shallow in catchers. You are going to need to fill it with players that can produce more than Kelly/Delgado/Bastardo. If those three guys were your bench, that would be good. I'd immediately grab a bench option with SB upside, like the Campana debacle of last year. Steals are cheap, and we left plenty on the table last night.
        •Your minors are very good, but with the exception of Hamilton, you probably aren't getting much help this year. And most of your trade bait is here so Hamilton/Correa/Cole will likely be gone to acquire studs for your run.
        •This is a team obviously built to win now, but I think you'll have to gut this baby to pull it off. That said, unlike my team, I think you have a chance to win it, so gut it with gusto, my friend. Flags fly forever.

Comment

I'm not adding much here to what others have said, but I'm interested to see which way you go this year. You have a team that could be good be for a long time and you have a team that could win this year (well, at least come in second) I guess that's what having Bryce Harper will do you a guy.

Comment

As I currently have teams entered into RotoLab, it has you in 2nd behind Battle Axes. SBs, SOs and Wins appear to be the 3 areas that you are underperforming in fwiw. Most teams appear to be low in OBA so even though you might not think it's an area of strength it actually rates pretty well though margin for error is small as the distribution of teams is tight. Agree on CC being a odd move since he only went for $34 I think last year and while I generally support the strategy of throwing out a high amount to see if you get crickets I clearly think you overshot. I'm hearing bad things on Motte so you'll be chasing saves all year. Now in this league (and others) saves can be found on the waiver wire but you have to be lucky to do so.

In case others are wondering, here are the top-5 teams per my RotoLab setup (not listing points):
            1. Battle Axes
            2. Fantasy Basebaldo
            3. Big Tymers
            4. Annos Catuli
            5. Iron City Lights

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              As I currently have teams entered into RotoLab, it has you in 2nd behind Battle Axes. SBs, SOs and Wins appear to be the 3 areas that you are underperforming in fwiw. Most teams appear to be low in OBA so even though you might not think it's an area of strength it actually rates pretty well though margin for error is small as the distribution of teams is tight. Agree on CC being a odd move since he only went for $34 I think last year and while I generally support the strategy of throwing out a high amount to see if you get crickets I clearly think you overshot. I'm hearing bad things on Motte so you'll be chasing saves all year. Now in this league (and others) saves can be found on the waiver wire but you have to be lucky to do so.

In case others are wondering, here are the top-5 teams per my RotoLab setup (not listing points):
              1. Battle Axes
              2. Fantasy Basebaldo
              3. Big Tymers
              4. Annos Catuli
              5. Iron City Lights
              Thanks for the comments guys. For what it's worth I personally have Andy as the clubhouse leader. And I swear that's not a jink.

Comment

I love this team. Especially that it is a keeper league. I have not seen all of the teams that are in your league. Of the 3 or 4 others that I have seen this is the one that I would be happiest to own. While you have some holes those are manageable as the season goes on. The health of Motte will be a pretty big key as to how you finish or how you work your trades. If he comes back early and is healthier than The Dane thinks it won't be as important to try to chase some saves via a stud closer. You can use your trading chips for something else.

I think the key is not to tinker too early. While flags fly forever, it does not mean that we have to get it this year. Would it be so bad if you finished second and got your flag next year and then your second one the year after that? Now I am not suggesting that you do not go for it, I think you can win this year. I am saying do not go all in at the expense of having a shot for a couple of years.

Great keepers, very nice rookies, nice auction. Very fun team to have.

Comment

Like I said, Jude second

1. Battle Axes
                  2. Fantasy Basebaldo
                  3. Big Tymers
                  4. Annos Catuli
                  5. Iron City Lights

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                    Like I said, Jude second
                    What, you're going to finish third behind me and Jude?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      What, you're going to finish third behind me and Jude?
                      C'mon Hornsby, everybody knows just by reading the RJ thread on your team that you selected an awful team.

Perhaps we should put up a poll on who will finish first. Oh, wait. I can't figure out how to do that (or much anything else) on CBS anymore. Hmmmm....I think I'm onto something. Hornsby hates polls. CBS changes its site and makes it harder to do things, like post polls. Hornsby's colluding with CBS, methinks!

Comment

1. Battle Axes
                        2. Fantasy Basebaldo
                        3. Big Tymers
                        4. Annos Catuli
                        5. Iron City Lights
                        Have they ever got the order right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I love this team. Especially that it is a keeper league. I have not seen all of the teams that are in your league. Of the 3 or 4 others that I have seen this is the one that I would be happiest to own. While you have some holes those are manageable as the season goes on. The health of Motte will be a pretty big key as to how you finish or how you work your trades. If he comes back early and is healthier than The Dane thinks it won't be as important to try to chase some saves via a stud closer. You can use your trading chips for something else.

I think the key is not to tinker too early. While flags fly forever, it does not mean that we have to get it this year. Would it be so bad if you finished second and got your flag next year and then your second one the year after that? Now I am not suggesting that you do not go for it, I think you can win this year. I am saying do not go all in at the expense of having a shot for a couple of years.

Great keepers, very nice rookies, nice auction. Very fun team to have.
                          Can someone post the team that is supposed to take Jude's down. I would like to see it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                            C'mon Hornsby, everybody knows just by reading the RJ thread on your team that you selected an awful team.

Perhaps we should put up a poll on who will finish first. Oh, wait. I can't figure out how to do that (or much anything else) on CBS anymore. Hmmmm....I think I'm onto something. Hornsby hates polls. CBS changes its site and makes it harder to do things, like post polls. Hornsby's colluding with CBS, methinks!
                            For one grand and glorious day, I sit alone atop the standings, silencing all doubters, quieting the naysayers. Yeah, right...

I do like your idea about no polls though, perhaps the CBS remodel was a great idea after all!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Have they ever got the order right?
                              No and part of this is a function of the fact that we set weekly rosters dynamically and for a program you have to submit one set roster. I think the function is useful to gauge weak spots but not really to give a prescriptive prediction per se.

Comment

Working...
                              X