biggest pitching/hitting splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biggest pitching/hitting splits

in my 12-team mixed that drafted on Wednesday, one guy spent $144 on pitching and $116 on hitting. I have never seen that before.

Strasburg kept at 23, Price 30, Hamels 30, Gio 21, Cueto 16, Putz 10, Axford 9, Garza 4, Marcum 1; his only hitters over 10 are Panda 17, Hosmer 16, Goldy 15, Salvador Perez 13.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

In our league: 108 pitching, 152 hitting.

That 144/116 is pretty heavy on pitching!

Comment

In my 14 team mixed league with a $300 budget and 8 keepers, i spent $252 on hitting, $40 on pitching, and left $8 on the table.
      Half my payroll went for Votto ($52), Reyes ($50), & Braun ($48 keeper).

My $40 pitching staff:
      Strasburg $6 (keeper)
      Minor $1 (keeper)
      J.Santana $6
      Garza $4
      Bailey $4
      Liriano $1
      Lilly $1
      Balfour $12
      G.Holland $3 (keeper)
      Fujikawa $2

Since the draft, i've replaced Liriano & Lilly with free agents Maholm & Kendrick. And now Santana is toast.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

300 payroll, we had max splits of 158 pitching/142 hitting (playing for next year, hitters included Teix, Grandy, and A-Rod. Other extreme was 244 hitting/56 pitching, but he has been doing a stream crappy starters strategy for three years.

Comment

Jeff Ma once did a 52/48 split in Tout Wars

Comment

Isn't a more even split justified these days. Wiith pitching the best it has been in a long time and batters with fading power and losing the ability to hit for average? It is certainly not like the old days when pitching was unpredictable (one of the reasons for the tilted split). We have so many great pitching metrics I'd say when a pitcher is actually healthy we can project them just as well as hitters.

Comment

Working...
            X