Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you make this trade? AL only

12 team AL 5x5 keeper w/obp 23 players

My Kuroda $23 for Doumit $14 (qualifies C/OF) good for 2 yrs. He also offered a $10 Dotel, but I'm not sure I want to get into that Detroit closer mess. I could probably get both players if I really wanted to from that owner.

Seems that I do have some owners that would take Kuroda in in our league at $23. I would probably throw him back into the draft.

I already have Mauer at $22 I'm taking in because obp and he qualifies C/1B. Multi position is nice.

If I did the trade I would take in

Mauer
    Doumit
    Konerko
    Cano
    Y.Escobar (maybe)
    Gentry and Mastrioanni (because $1 and $2 and will be easy to trade to someone that needs SB's)
    Brantley or Cain

Holland
    Ross

Would be taking in 10 players at about $118 with $142 to spend on 13 players

Thoughts?
    Thanks

I'm not opposed to trading Kuroda and trying to get something for him before your auction, but I think I'd rather throw him back and go into the auction with the extra $23 than I would tie up $36 in two catchers.

Comment

I agree with Stephen on this.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

fourthed. it's hard for me to believe kuroda would go for $23 if you threw him back...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Assuming normal inflation, I would rather have Doumit than Kuroda. I know he was fine in Yankee stadium last year, he's a year older and pitching for a team with a ton of question marks.

I'd rather have Doumit at $14 than Mauer at $22. Position flexibility is indeed nice, but not so much if their primary position is catcher, because that's the most profitable place to use them. So, while I agree that putting $36 in catchers is a lot, Mauer seems to me to be the one overpaid.

Comment

I like Doumit at 14. Kuroda shouldn't go for more than 15 in a 12 teamer. I'd do it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Well, the consensus appears to be not do the trade and throw Kuroda back. I can look at as another owner getting him and having $23 less to spend in the draft or throw him back and add to the amount of starters available (there should be about 2-3 1st tier and 5-6 2nd tier guys). One thing that would help and not take on more money going in, is to trade him to that owner for a high reserve draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                Assuming normal inflation, I would rather have Doumit than Kuroda. I know he was fine in Yankee stadium last year, he's a year older and pitching for a team with a ton of question marks.

I'd rather have Doumit at $14 than Mauer at $22. Position flexibility is indeed nice, but not so much if their primary position is catcher, because that's the most profitable place to use them. So, while I agree that putting $36 in catchers is a lot, Mauer seems to me to be the one overpaid.
                The only thing with Mauer, is that his OBP could help make up for 2 low obp guys playing everyday on another team. I think he's very tradeable early on in the season, which is my goal as I'm rebuilding. I think he's probably about the same value as Doumit, but Doumit is $8 cheaper. I think Doumit at $14 is ok at catcher, but not if I put him in the OF for draft day. Probably not going to take $36 in for catcher.

What do you think about if I traded for Doumit at $14 for catcher and traded Mauer for Swisher at $20?

Comment

In a rebuilding year I would go in with Doumit and Swisher because of their dual position eligibility.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                  X