Thoughts on Logan Morrison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Logan Morrison

I signed Morrison to an unfortunate contract a couple seasons back and now I have him at $20 through 2014 in a 5x5 12-tm NL-only with a 265 budget. If I choose not to keep him I lose $6 off my draft day budget. In my eyes that means if Morrison is a $14 player I should keep him. If not I should throw him back. I am conflicted on this because I do like Morrison. Am I being silly? Should I just suck up the $6 loss?

He could possibly be worth 14 in a 12 team NL. He went for 10 in my 10-team NL with deep rosters.

Comment

Yeah, it's a bad contract but I wouldn't toss him back. He'll probably earn $14 provided he doesn't have any set backs. It isn't like Casey Kotchman is going to block him from 1st base when they probably want to see what he's got.

Comment

Isn't LoMo expected to miss the first month? I think I might take a $6 loss here.

Comment

I thought it was at least the first month. I can't imagine bidding $14 for him even in the deepest of leagues. I would throw him back.

Comment

If you toss him, you won't have him or that $6. So the question is whether you could get someone else for $14 who would be worth $20. This would be really difficult, especially if your league has substantial inflation.

On the other hand, he's still hitting off a tee, last I heard. If you think he will be healthy enough to come back by mid-May, I'd probably keep him. If he doesn't look healthy at your freeze date, say so long and get him cheaper at the auction. Guys who are on the DL get big discounts in a lot of auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Isn't LoMo expected to miss the first month? I think I might take a $6 loss here.
              Cut your losses now. you should certainly be able to get him back on your team for less than $14 if you want him that bad.

Comment

Throw him back. If you re-buy him for any less than $14 not only do you come out ahead but he'll be cheaper to keep in the future, can be kept longer and you're not comitted to anything long term.

Comment

I believe this is the 2nd surgery on the same knee. If you were only on the hook for this year I'd lean towards keeping him. But who knows if you'll want him at $20 next year. I'm guessing you won't love that either.

Comment

Tough call, i looked at drafting him in our league and took a pass.

Comment

Working...
                    X