12 team mixed HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 team mixed HDID

I made a couple somewhat terrible picks, I think.

12-team mixed 5x5, 6 keepers (starred below), normal positions + 5 bench + 2 dl

C: Napoli 17, Saltalamacchia 2
    1B: Howard 8*
    2B: Zobrist 26
    SS: Reyes 28
    3B: Beltre 31
    CI: HRamirez 20
    MI: Castro 14*
    OF: Craig 8*, Cespedes 7*, Pierre 6*, MCabrera 21, Morse 4
    UT: Ramos 1

P: Darvish 25, Fister 10, Samardzija 8, Harvey 6*, Maurer 3, Garcia 1, Motte 9, Rondon 3, Marmol 1

Bench: Porcello 5 (replacing Motte), Ruggiano 4 (replacing Ramos), Joyce 3 (replacing Ramirez, Craig to CI), Pettitte 2, Gattis 1

I will probably pick up some subset of Jon Jay, Matt Adams, Michael Brantley, Gavin Floyd, James McDonald, or Chris Tillman to replace Motte and Hanley.

I'm not thrilled with how much I paid for Melky or Zobrist or Hanley. I know my pitching is a little sketchy but picking up SPs has never been hard in this league.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I like it. I do think you'll suffer from not having a big HR guy in your lineup. Craig and Cespedes will have to carry a big load. Depth is nice but I don't think it wins 12-team mixers. The rest of your categories should be good though I definitely worry about ERA/WHIP with Harvey and your gascan closers.

Comment

yeah, I am hoping that Howard and Napoli hit a bunch of home runs.

And Rondon already got sent down so that should fix my ratio issues! Or something.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

marginally interesting available players: Mitch Moreland, Ryan Ludwick, Gerardo Parra, Zack Cozart, Mark Buerhle, Chris Capuano, James McDonald, Lucas Harrell, Chris Tillman, Sergio Santos, Frank Francisco. Any of those obviously better than the others?

Comment

Working...
        X