No announcement yet.

Lets petition CBS to get this fixed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets petition CBS to get this fixed...

Everyone: If you use CBS to host your league, you might have noticed a new homepage format with a letter asking for feedback. I believe this is our chance to force a change to the stupidest CBS policy of all: locking daily lineup changes 5 mins before the start of the first game each day. As I wrote to CBS below, the policy is completely unfair and gives certain owners of certain players a competitive advantage that shouldn't exist.

If you play with daily lineups on CBS, do us all a favor and send a complaint about this issue...maybe if we can cause enough ripples in the water the powers that be over there will actually wake up and realize they have created an unfair situation. The email is [email protected]

Here's my letter:

Why does CBS still refuse to accommodate daily lineup changes up to the start of each major league game? Due to the current policy of locking lineups 5 mins before the first MLB game each day, it creates a situation where some owners of certain players gain an advantage. To explain- when the first game starts, often owners have no idea what the lineup will be of the game that begins at 10 p.m. that night, for example. That means that the owners with players in the early games, who have a chance to actually see the starting lineups prior to lineups locking, gain an advantage by actually knowing which of their players is starting and which are on the bench; meanwhile, the owner of players in the late games have no idea what players will be in the lineups, since those lineups are not posted. In particular, this gives owners of Chicago Cubs players a distinct advantage, because of the amount of day games the Cubs play -- often the only day game on the schedule -- while owners are left to play guesswork with the rest of the MLB lineups.

Locking daily lineup changes at the start of the first game every day is something that only CBS does, as opposed to competitors ESPN and Yahoo. This is not a functionality issue as much as it is an issue of FAIRNESS. Owners with daily lineup changes should have an equal opportunity to evaluate daily MLB lineup cards and make subsequent fantasy lineup decisions on CBS.

Im sure anyone who has a supervisory role over CBS fantasy baseball would agree this is a no-brainer. There is still a week before games begin, and it would probably only take a tenth of the amount of development work that went into the new, revamped homepages. Listen to your users....get it fixed, please.

Doesn't this benefit all owners equally? Are there owners that purposefully draft a team of players from teams that have a higher percentage of early games so they can capitalize on CBS's way of doing things? Does this make Cubs more attractive for your fantasy roster? If so, it's the only thing that can.

Comment

I sent an email. Thanks.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

come on...if baseball went on strike it would benefit everyone equally too. This is just something that is fundamentally incorrect and needs to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          come on...if baseball went on strike it would benefit everyone equally too. This is just something that is fundamentally incorrect and needs to be fixed.
          I appreciate your vitriol, I really do. However, to be honest, this has never bothered one little bit. I'm considerably more pissed off at the home page changes.

Comment

It's a shame that CBS charges so much for their product and somehow manages to botch something so simple as the roster locking. I'm not a fan either, although we've long since left the pricey CBS for Yahoo and ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              I appreciate your vitriol, I really do. However, to be honest, this has never bothered one little bit. I'm considerably more pissed off at the home page changes.
              I actually like the new look.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I dont even know if they have fixed this moronic issue or not, but I am complaining about this again. Thanks to anyone else who does as well.

Comment

I disagree with your opinion. Nobody gains an advantage or a disadvantage. If you want to protest something protest their faab process, not this.

Comment

"Why does CBS still refuse to accommodate ..."

That would be my letter. We could have used CBS for free last year after ASS went out of business, but we dumped them for OnRoto because they - well, refuse to accommodate anything beyond their little blueprint, it seems.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I didnt know that CBS did this. I play in weekly leagues and they appear to lock these rosters always at Noon on Monday. An alternative solution for daily leagues would be for them to lock them at Noon daily so noone gets an advantage. I dont imagine that would be very popular tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                        It's a shame that CBS charges so much for their product and somehow manages to botch something so simple as the roster locking. I'm not a fan either, although we've long since left the pricey CBS for Yahoo and ESPN.
                        I know this post is a year old, but isn't Yahoo is the most inflexible service out there?

Comment

Working...
                        X