Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL-Only--keep one of following pitchers--maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-Only--keep one of following pitchers--maybe?

I have the following 4 pitchers, 3 starters, one RP. NL-only, $280. 12 keepers + 3 rookies. Broxton-$12, M Rogers-$7, N Eovaldi-$4, and P Corbin-$11.

I was all set to keep Broxton as closer, but that went down the drain when Chapman [also mine!] went back. He would be nice to keep as a handcuff, and$12 isn't too bad.
    Corbin has a starting job wrapped up as of today [5th SP], but he is not w/o questions.
    Rogers has great stuff, but no starting job right now.
    Eovaldi has the #3 SP job, but on a lousy team.
    The reasons I would even consider any of these guys are:
    1-Pitching, esp. SP, looks to be short in this 12-team, 10-man pitching, and 15-man reserve with no restriction on positions.
    2-I have the following pitchers I am keeping: Chapman-$9-b; K Jansen-$10-4/4; B League-$8-2; W Miley-$5-2. That is it! Chapman starting would have made it a whole lot better!
    Recommendations? I have to hand it in on Tuesday.
    Bearin' up!

Eovaldi and Corbin are the only maybes, but I think they are borderline.

Comment

I would not keep Broxton at $12. If you want to handcuff him to Chapman throw him back and rebid him. Should get him for less than $5.

Comment

Yeah I think Eovaldi is the only I keep. I wouldn't spend double digits on Corbin or to handcuff Chapman. I know pitching will be tight but guys always emerge, you can spend lots on hitting and load up on lottery tickets in the reserves.

Comment

I only keep Eovaldi, Broxton and Corbin are not worth those prices.

Comment

I wouldn't even keep Eovaldi. Interesting arm, but I can't imagine a bidding war there and you get an extra year from him by bidding and getting rather than keeping. You already are keeping 4 Ps; flexibility in the auction is nice, too...
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I would throw them all back. None of them strike me as seriously undervalued, or worth the gamble that they might be.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Thanks, all. I think you are all saying the same thing I am feeling: all are intriguing, all have risk, probably none are worth a spot. I just hate it, though, when I toss a guy back and he goes on to have his career season. I think Eovaldi is the guy who is most capable of doing that to me--what a terrific arm.
                Bearin' up!

Comment

I wouldn't fault you for keeping Eovaldi at $4 and even if he takes a dump you didn't waste much money on him. The rest are only moderately attractive, but not at those prices.

Comment

Any sentiment for keeping D Pomerantz at $7-b? I forgot to include him in this discussion.
                    Bearin' up!

Comment

Not a chance. He's already slated for AAA and is sketchy at best even when he's in the rotation.

Comment

My read, too. I figured if someone could give me a compelling enough reason-------! The guy has an arm and was a very high draft choice, so scouts must have seen some talent there.
                        Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                        X