Help with last keeper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with last keeper...

5x5, 10 team, mixed, competitive, keeper league...
    I am deciding between Darvish (16) and Au. Jackson (3)...I am already getting great value in my keepers...I know Jackson is clearly the better value, but I know in my league pitchers are always overpaid for...Darvish will go for at least 20...I am a little high on him...Jackson is great value although his K rate is killer...Advice? I'm already keeping:
    Shields 2
    A Gordon 1
    Headly 4
    Encarnacion 1

keep Jackson and spend spend spend at the draft

You are setup to go stars and scrubs becuase your scrub dollars are not spent on scrubs

Comment

It's only a 10 team league so Stars and Scrubs really isn't a feasible auction strategy. There will always be All Star Caliber players going in the dollar days of a 10 team mixed league. (Hence Encarnacion and Gordon for a dollar)

Jackson isn't a bad option at all at $3, but I'd be curious to know how overvalued pitchers are in the league. What are guys like Verlander, Kershaw, Strasburg priced at and do you think they'll be keepers?

If pitcher prices are elevated and the prices on hitters are down I think you could also justify not keeping Chase Headley at $4 since he'll likely be out until around May and may have some recurring problems with that wrist. I'd make it a point to be very loud about why I didn't keep him at the auction (Wrist injuries plague hitters all year, it's tough to come back from, it saps your power and he was already projected to lose a lot off of his career high last year in Petco) and see if I can't grab him back for maybe $5 or so again. If you can't, no biggie - just spend on another 3B. The position is certainly more than 10 deep this year.

In that scenario I'd end up keeping Darvish, Jackson, Shields, Gordon, Encarnacion.

Comment

I would rather keep Jackson at $3 and pay $20 for Darvish (or someone else) than keep Darvish at 16 and try to buy Jackson's stats.

I also think Jackson is going to have a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          keep Jackson and spend spend spend at the draft
          This.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I would rather keep Jackson at $3 and pay $20 for Darvish (or someone else) than keep Darvish at 16 and try to buy Jackson's stats.

I also think Jackson is going to have a good year.
            What about Desmond Jennings at $3 or Au Jackson at $3

Comment

It's a toss up for me.
              Last edited by Stephen; 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by urch420 View Post
                What about Desmond Jennings at $3 or Au Jackson at $3
                I like Jennings at his price, but love Jackson at his price. I like the power and BA of Jackson, plus I think he gets more steals this year. I think Jackson is going to a very nice year.

This is an easy call for me.

Comment

I agree with dropping Headley to keep both Yu and AJax.

Comment

Working...
                  X