Barrell-Bottom SP Scraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrell-Bottom SP Scraping

Came out of my auction in painful shape with my pitching staff. Need to drop Danks for somebody. Anybody. Here's what's available:

J Guthrie
    T Lilly
    Z McAllister
    J Blanton
    J Saunders
    T Stauffer
    J Quintana
    B Chen
    A Bass
    E Bedard
    K Correia
    J Lyles
    A Harang
    R Porcello
    C Carrasco
    J Collmenter
    J Jurrjens

Any preferences in that hot mess? Wins do not matter. Looking for WHIP/ERA.

Thanks.

the only name that stands out to me is Blanton. He's the tallest midget.

Comment

I would go with Bass first out of that, assuming that he ends up with a rotation spot, but I don't know that he'll get one. After that... ugh. Stauffer?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Blanton's peripherals have always been pretty strong. Shandler likes him this year.

Porcello has been very strong in spring training and could get traded somewhere and has some upside. I'd go with on of those two guys.

Comment

Take a shot with McAllister.

Comment

double ugh. I might take a chance on Porcello based solely on his strong spring.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I might take a chance on Porcello based solely on his strong spring.
              This was my first thought as well.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Porcello. then Collmenter. maybe a flyer on Bedard, but it'd be a deeeep flyer.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Porcello

Comment

I like Porcello but anyone in the Padres rotation is worth a look.

Comment

Porcello

Comment

McAllister
                        Carrasco
                        Quintana

If you want WHIP/ERA, Blanton would be one of the last guys I go to.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Thanks y'all.

Comment

I got Porcello. I also took a chance on Peacock when I noticed he was out there.

Comment

Oooh, nice. I was gonna recommend Peacock, but with Porcello on your list I couldn't do it without being too much of a homer. Peacock has looked really good this spring. His delivery is cleaned up and his new sinker is working.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                              X