Trade proposal...please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade proposal...please help

In my AL only 5x5 8 team league, I was thinking of making the following offer:

I send Reddick (final year) and Millone-5 and get Hosmer (final year) and Wil Myers-5

My starting pitching consists of CC, Felix, Scherzer, Myers, Floyd, Millone and Ogando with McGhee, Reed as relievers. I think I can easily afford to deal a SP.

As far as hitting, Reddick is replaced in the OF by Bourjos (until Myers gets back to the bigs) and Hosmer slots in at DH replacing Mitch Moreland. As far as other hitters, CSantana, VMart, Morales, Seager, Lawrie, Cabrera, Infante, Altuve, Cespedes, DeAza, Jackson, Rasmus

Thoughts??

Love it for you. I think Hosmer > Reddick, and Myers obviously >> Milone

Comment

I understand why you would do it...but why would the other guy?

Comment

It's a no brainer. I'd have sprained my wrist hitting accept so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          It's a no brainer. I'd have sprained my wrist hitting accept so quickly.
          Yep, except he is the one that is going to make the offer.

Comment

AH....reading is fundamental. That's what I get for skimming.

Yeah, I see no reason the other player makes that deal. In an 8 team AL Only I'd think you could get players comparable to Reddick and Millone on the waiver wire throughout the season.

I'm honestly not sure I'd give you either Myers or Hosmer individually for Millone/Reddick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I understand why you would do it...but why would the other guy?
              Yeah, agreed. This ain't nearly enough to get this done.

Comment

Thanks, guys. This is actually a counter to a deal he posted involving Hosmer....
                Hosmer for Morrow....
                So, I figured I'd toss my hat in with Millone since they are nearly equivalent in projected value and stats, but my guy is keepable next year. Reddick added to give him back power and I figured I try to sneak in Myers.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                  Thanks, guys. This is actually a counter to a deal he posted involving Hosmer....
                  Hosmer for Morrow....
                  So, I figured I'd toss my hat in with Millone since they are nearly equivalent in projected value and stats, but my guy is keepable next year. Reddick added to give him back power and I figured I try to sneak in Myers.
                  I'm confused -- your initial post doesn't list Morrow as one of the pitchers on your staff. Besides that, I can't see Milone being equivalent in projected value & stats to Morrow. And not sure how you can sneak in arguably the most-ready hitting prospect in the AL in an small AL-only league.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                    Hosmer for Morrow....
                    Paging luckyheel in the 'worst trade proposals' thread...

Ok, it isn't _that_ bad, but Myers is so highly touted that noone is going to undersell him. I'm with Stephen on not doing Hosmer OR Myers for the As. So, yeah, don't offer it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                    X