Pujols or Fielder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols or Fielder?

Kind of a philosophical question at this point, but it seems with each passing day Albert gets another nagging injury. And Prince is the picture of durability, despite his outward appearance.

So who would you rather have, and why?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

as someone who plays fantasy hoops, I know plantar fascitis is no joke. At the very least, Pujols feet will bother him all year. Add in Albert's steady decline and the fact that Fielder has been consistent and extremely good the past few year, and I think Prince is the obvious choice given all the circumstances.

Comment

I picked Pujols but am now rethinking my decision - I guess we will know at the end of the season

Comment

Pujols has suffered from plantar fasciitis every season for the last five years (at least), so I'm not downgrading him at all on that point alone.

Comment

From the projections I'm using, I'm leaning Fielder at this point, especially if scoring is OBP as opposed to AVE. If Albert's bad foot is a factor at all, it should reduce his SBs and Rs, tipping the balance to Prince. Add in the age factor and the risk of missing playing time for a DL stint or extra days off, I'd pick Prince today.

Pick 6 Albert Pujols 103R 32HR 112RBI 7SB .297AVE .379OBP

Pick 7 Prince Fielder 94R 39HR 117RBI 1SB .291AVE .404OBP

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Kind of a philosophical question at this point, but it seems with each passing day Albert gets another nagging injury. And Prince is the picture of durability, despite his outward appearance.

So who would you rather have, and why?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            I picked Pujols but am now rethinking my decision - I guess we will know at the end of the season
            Me too.

These gentlemen make a pretty good case. It is just so hard to bet against Al.

Comment

I'd take Albert over Prince. His "steady decline" has actually been very slight aside from a couple of months when he first entered the American League.

Comment

Wow, strong arguments for Prince, but my gut still says that by season's end Pujols will quietly have logged the better numbers.

Comment

Working...
                X